If the T11Plus eMMC fails, the pc is trash?

You can post ACEPC forum feedback and forum-related problems.
Good suggestion will be always welcomed and rewarded.
Phantom_69

If the T11Plus eMMC fails, the pc is trash?

Post by Phantom_69 »

Hello.

I just bought the T11 Plus 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM. I've read in this forum that the T11 only runs Windows through the eMMC, and not through the 2.5" HDD bay. That means if the eMMC fail, the PC is trash? :cry:
Thanks for any help i can get.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: If the T11Plus eMMC fails, the pc is trash?

Post by Gabe »

Yes, Windows can only be run from the onboard storage with the T11. It can't be run from the add on storage like some other ACEPC models support.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Due to the stability of EMMC, it will not be easily damaged. Please don't worry. The damage to the system is more often caused by accidental power failure or shutdown. We attach great importance to the experience of each customer. If you encounter problems while using it, we will actively solve them for you.
We invite you to participate in our award-winning customer survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform. I hope you can feedback on this issue, and we will continue to optimize the product to make it more convenient to use.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
nemoMPC

Post by nemoMPC »

Hey;

May be i havn't really understood the matter with the T11 but i can tell you that on myAK3 it is possible to clone the emmc to the SSD installed in the case of the AK3 with Acronis , you have for a momoent 2 disks C: ( The emmc and the SSD). I delete the letter of the Emmc Drive via the drive manager of W10 then it is easy to boot on the SSD via boot configuration. Now my AK3 boot directly on the SSD with no issues for the moment for me. In fact i keep the Emmc as a security in case of crash of the SSD.
May be it is a solution non usable on T11 but it is fine for my AK3 :D

Nice evening.
Last edited by nemoMPC on Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

nemoMPC,

As stated in my post above, the T11 does not have this capability. The add on storage for the T11 can only be used for extra storage. It can't be used as a system drive.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Forum Feedback”