CK6 RAM Upgrade

Quick Fix.
pmace

CK6 RAM Upgrade

Post by pmace »

I would like to upgrade the RAM in my CK6, which I believe uses a DDR3L SO-DIMM, however I'm not sure on the speed as there are several available:

1600 MHz
1833 MHz
2133 MHz

I want to get the fastest that is compatible. Can someone advise?

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CK6 RAM Upgrade

Post by admin »

Hello, we recommend that you choose DDR4-2133 memory modules. I wish you a happy use!
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
pmace

Post by pmace »

Thank you for your reply.

I checked online and DDR3 and DDR4 are different sizes. Will DDR4 definitely work in my CK6?
Last edited by pmace on Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, you need to switch to a notebook memory stick for selection. The size of a desktop memory stick is not suitable for a mini-computer.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
pmace

Post by pmace »

Sorry here's the laptop SO-DIMMs, but they're also different with notches. Will a DDR4 DIMM work okay with the notch? I believe the CK6 ships with DDR3?

Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

pmace,

DDR3 and DDR4 memory are most definitely NOT interchangeable. Both the pin numbers and voltages are different. The type it comes with is the type it has to be replaced with.

I believe the CK6 comes with DDR3 as well, but you may want to physically take a look, just to be sure.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, CK6 can adapt to notebook memory DDR3 specifications. Hope you have a pleasant experience.

Return to “Troubleshooting”