T11 - disk management doesn't see the SSD

Quick Fix.
Jegriva

T11 - disk management doesn't see the SSD

Post by Jegriva »

Hello, I've mounted on my brand new T11 a Kingston SATA SSD, but disk management doesn't recognize it, so I can't even format it or assign a letter to it.

I could check it in the BIOS menu, but I cannot access it by pressing F7 at the boot, could it be because I am using a bluetooth keyboard?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: T11 - disk management doesn't see the SSD

Post by Gabe »

Jegriva,

See if the following helps...

Regarding your last question, that your keyboard is Bluetooth is assuredly the reason you can't access the BIOS, as Bluetooth isn't activated until the system is in the later Windows boot up phase.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Jegriva

Post by Jegriva »

Thank you very much, I'll try immediately.
Jegriva

Post by Jegriva »

Ok, nothing to do, the disk is still invisible.

I have bought a USB-to-SATA cable and the SSD is seen and I formatted it into NTFS. But the SATA port at the bottom doesn't see it. What is the button to press at the boot to enter the bios menu? F7?
Jegriva

Post by Jegriva »

Ok, even the bios menu doesn't help me much. There are only four sections: Main, which is mostly info; Secuirty; Boot; Save & Exit,
Jegriva

Post by Jegriva »

...aaaand now the pc doesn't even start anymore. Please notice: I didn't change a single setting in the bios.

Now the screen at the boot is all black with some shell failure and it asks me if I want to skip startip.hsn or something.

I just wanted to add an ssd, man.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Jegriva,

Hopefully the admin will reply with some instructions. You can also email ACEPCs tech service at service@iacepc.com to get help.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry for not responding to your message in time. Regarding the failure of the T11 base to recognize the SSD, please contact the above email address for compensation. Also, please press the DEL key to enter Bios, switch to the "BOOT" tab, and set the first boot option of "Boot Option #1" to
"windows boot manager," and then press F4 to save and exit.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”