Amazon AcePC offerings

Quick Fix.

Amazon AcePC offerings

Post by Guest »

Hi folks,

I came across the various AcePC offerings and was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the RAM? I see that this is not possible with the AK1, from a previous post, but wondered about the ‘new’ AK3 version (J4215 ones) - which do not seem to be detailed on this site.

Also, do they accept SATA 2.5 drives, like from a laptop?

I guess what I am thinking is, do I buy the cheaper one, see how it works and upgrade the RAM if required...?

Part of me thinks the 6GB should be enough anyway, but wondering if I should just go 8GB. But as this project has escalated from a cheap second hand desktop, I’m trying not to go overboard :). I have completely ruled out the AK1 4/64 at £110 though, which is what initially grabbed my attention...good decision?

It is essentially it is for work purposes, multiple office windows, websites, cloud-based access, to have a dedicated setup and to save keep plugging the laptop into the monitor.

Any advice would be appreciated! Many thanks!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Amazon AcePC offerings

Post by admin »

Hello, it supports SATA hard drive expansion, and it has high enough performance. We recommend you to choose 8GB to open more software.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Amazon AcePC offerings

Post by Gabe »

Guest,

To answer your original question, no, the RAM cannot be upgraded. The RAM is a permanent part of the system board and cannot be altered, so it would be best to get a unit with adequate RAM from the start. If you can afford it, it would be best to go with one of the 8GB models, as the admin alluded to.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”