AK1 J3455 shuts down constantly

Someone will always care about you.
MyAK1isDead

AK1 J3455 shuts down constantly

Post by MyAK1isDead »

I am posting on behalf of my friend who can't use his PC and is not tech-savvy.

His AK1 running a J3445. Powers down every few minutes when on since he doesn't feel comfortable opening the unit up I'm unsure if the CPU is overheating or other hardware issues. he has mentioned that a slight smell of burning is coming from the unit, so I suggested he not use it and see what you guys think?

Kernel-Power Critical Error (Event ID 41) was what I saw in his event viewer so I thought it might be a driver possibly an intel graphics driver he might need, after looking through the forum I could only find the bios files.

*I can provide an email for you to contact him directly as it is not my unit.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK1 J3455 shuts down constantly

Post by Gabe »

MyAK1isDead,

A Kernel-Power Critical Error (Event ID 41) is one that you'll see when the unit does not shut down properly, and from what you've described it makes sense that you're seeing this.

Though I have no idea what could be causing the problem, to see whether it's heat related your friend should download and install something like Core Temp to monitor the temperature of the CPU. If it shows the cores spiking into the 90C range it may very well be a temperature related issue. The max temp of a J3455 is 105C, but the system is likely designed to shut down before it reaches a temp that high. That's just one possibility though.

Though I can't speak for him, the admin would likely suggest that your friend contact ACEPC after sales support at service@iacepc.com to get direct help.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Emergency”