[help] GK3 J4125 ACEPC suddenly no wifi, no lan hardware is detected but Bluetooth is OK.

wazoo

[help] GK3 J4125 ACEPC suddenly no wifi, no lan hardware is detected but Bluetooth is OK.

Post by wazoo »

Hello
I have an ACEPC GK3 with J4125 processor running for more than 1 year with HomeAssistant and others in containers under Armbian OS.
Yesterday, it seems that something happened and suddenly the LAN activity LEDs no longer light up and neither does the WLAN.
The LAN cable is OK. When connecting HDMI monitor the miniPC boots normally, except that it doesn't detect LAN and WIFI hardware anymore.
All the hardware seems to work OK, but I have lost connectivity.
The strange thing is that it detects bluetooth hardware which I think is the same chipset/module as WIFI.

I've tried running other liveUSB distro, like Sergei Strelec's distro and even reinstalling linux on another SSD, but it doesn't wake up LAN or WIFI.

It's a rare case. Any idea what could have happened ?
Is it possible that by some software code you can force a hardware lock to sleep / low power mode and it will not be detected or woken up again ?

I am trying to find information about the pinout of the RTL8111BN IC (48pin) to check if there is a power supply problem.
I have checked nearby capacitors and I see 3.3v. So I think it could be a software lockout. But even with a new OS I can't wake it up.

I would appreciate your help.

Return to “J4125(GK3)”