USB ports not working

Djc88

USB ports not working

Post by Djc88 »

I am having an issue with my usb ports not working. I have been using a rechargeable wireless WiFi Bluetooth keyboard and a wireless mouse (WiFi/dpi connection)…. My display comes on and prompts me to log in with password but can’t get either one of my devices to connect. Every now and then, my keyboard won’t connect right away when the pic wakes up and have had to use my mouse to open the on-screen keyboard to types password and then it’s usually fine once logged in. However, I can no longer get any device to connect. I’ve even tried my wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse combination as well as a USB wired keyboard and nothing is getting connected. I cannot open up my desktop.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: USB ports not working

Post by Gabe »

From what I can tell, it may have something to do with a Windows Update. See if the info in this post helps.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
OzarkTech

Post by OzarkTech »

I fixed mine by pulling the M.2 SSD from the unit and attaching it to another laptop via USB M.2 dongle and booting to the M.2
I then rolled back the conflicting update, KB5042099 that came out on 09/03/24. Reassemble the M.2 in the unit and everything works now.

To prevent the update from reinstalling I downloaded Microsoft's Show or Hide Updates Tool and ran it. I disabled the KB5042099 update.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Thank you very much for sharing this information. We hope to raise awareness of this issue among more people.

Return to “N5105(GK3pro)”