GK3PLUS factory rest pc

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
Danny103477

GK3PLUS factory rest pc

Post by Danny103477 »

I recently bought the GK3PLUS used from a auction site. The user before had his windows set up and a password needed to login. Is there a way to rest the pc to factory settings with out having to login to the account?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: GK3PLUS factory rest pc

Post by Gabe »

Anytime you buy a used PC you should do a clean install of Windows. This way you're not 'inheriting' any problems the unit may have had with the existing OS, and it also guards against any malware or viruses that might be on it, whether intentionally or unintentionally by the seller. With the GK3 Plus, however, you should use the system that's available here. Granted, it's version 22H2, so you'll probably want to do an upgrade to at least 23H2, as 22H2 support ends on Oct 8th of this year.

Hopefully they'll have a 23H2 version of the system available soon, or even 24H2, so people won't have to worry about the upgrade afterward.

Having said this, if you're familiar with doing a clean install of Windows using USB installation media you've made with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool you can do that, but before doing so I'd make sure to first glean the Windows Product Key on the unit and write it down for that "just in case" scenario, as well as downloading and having the Drivers on hand, as you'll likely need a few after the Windows install. If you use the first method, as in the system available on the linked page, it already includes the drivers preinstalled, though some of them will likely update afterwards via Windows Update.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”