Screens go blank and PC hangs

AMD Ryzen™ Processors
gdpower999

Screens go blank and PC hangs

Post by gdpower999 »

Bought this in January and up to 3 weeks ago was an amazing purchase for the price. However, 3 weeks ago the PC just froze and screens went blank. Only way to get going again was to hit the power button and Pc starts up again as a straight bootup. Thought it might be linked to a Windows software update so rolled back to previous version but still a problem. Has anybody experienced a similar problem.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Screens go blank and PC hangs

Post by Gabe »

I'd consider reinstalling the system.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

You can try uninstalling the quality update:

If it still doesn't work, it is recommended to refer to Gabe's suggestion and reinstall the system
veo

Post by veo »

If I may chime in:

Bought the system at the end of february and now have the same problem occuring. Monitor turns black after two to fifteen minutes of usage. Tried reinstalling the system with clean windows iso, same result. Now have changed the SSD - also same result, screen turns black after a few minutes. Any ideas/suggestions?

Update: Started another Windows install. When the screen went black, left it running for another hour. Then shutdown the pc and started it again. The system booted dircetly into bios - so the install was stopped once the screen went black. The error therefore is not connected to the hdmi ports.
Last edited by veo on Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

veo wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:37 am If I may chime in:

Bought the system at the end of february and now have the same problem occuring. Monitor turns black after two to fifteen minutes of usage. Tried reinstalling the system with clean windows iso, same result. Now have changed the SSD - also same result, screen turns black after a few minutes. Any ideas/suggestions?

Update: Started another Windows install. When the screen went black, left it running for another hour. Then shutdown the pc and started it again. The system booted dircetly into bios - so the install was stopped once the screen went black. The error therefore is not connected to the hdmi ports.
I would contact barry at barry@minipcunion.com. When you do so, make sure to not only explain the issue, but also everything that you've tried thus far, and you should also include the order number from the purchase. He may not necessarily need this, but nine times out of ten when he requests someone contact him via email for support he also requests they include the order number, so I would do so, just in case. It's just a guess, but I think it's in case the problem is something that requires the use of the warranty.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

1. Ensure you are using a direct HDMI connection, i.e., HDMI to HDMI. Using adapters or converter cables may lead to compatibility issues.
2. Try using a different HDMI cable.
3. Check if the memory is functioning correctly. For instructions on how to use MemTest86 to test your memory, please refer to the following video:
[How to Use MemTest86 to Test Memory]

Return to “AMD Ryzen™7&5. 5700U PRO5675U (AM16)”