Arc graphics driver won't update

New AI experiences, performance, and battery that lasts.
marginalia

Arc graphics driver won't update

Post by marginalia »

I keep getting the message from intel Arc Control that the graphics driver needs to be updated but it times out when looking for the update. If I go to the Intel Driver & Support website, it says: "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer."

Is there an update for the graphics driver that I need to download from Acemagic? Should I download the generic intel driver and overwrite the customized driver already installed? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
TVHD

Re: Arc graphics driver won't update

Post by TVHD »

marginalia wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:41 pm Should I download the generic intel driver and overwrite the customized driver already installed?
I'm not aware of a customized F2A driver and successfully installed "gfx_win_101.5590.exe" https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/ ... dows.html
This package includes the current version of Intel's "Driver-and-Support-Assistant" too.
Here To Learn And To Share
marginalia

Re: Arc graphics driver won't update

Post by marginalia »

Fantastic. I was just worried I was going to break something if I updated the intel drivers normally. Thanks!

Return to “intel® Core™ Ultra 5 125H Ultra 7 155H (F2A)”