Disassembled pics i found! To get to the ram and nvme slots.

First AAA Sci-Fi Games Mini PC
gordesky1

Disassembled pics i found! To get to the ram and nvme slots.

Post by gordesky1 »

So i noticed notebookcheck posted a review and had Disassembled pics also!!! Barry couple days ago did tell me it will be difficult if you want too replace the ssd and ram but said we are currently discussing making a related video. Which would be nice ;)
But yea when i got mine i looked it over and yea knew you have too pretty much get the board out from the bottom which i wish the top had panels too get to them but it really don't look to hard too do it.

I say ony thing you have too watch is the ribbon cable for the front lcd screen . I think everyone hates those i do too lol...

The link
www.notebookcheck.net/Acemagic-M2A-Star ... 654.0.html

I was going too tear it down myself over time than post pics afterwards but i ony wanted too do it when i wanted too add either another nvme or get it too 64gb ram lol.

Figured i attached the pics too. Will say tho it is sure built very nice inside ;) The cooling is pretty dam beefy! and everything looks premium looking ;) . And its nice seeing the extra nvme slot :)

Been enjoying mine tho and using it more than my desktop sense i got it which has the 5700x3d 64gb ram and a 7900xtx 🤪 But i like messing with every pc so yea and enjoying the 2 mini pcs i now have also And well the STARSHIP is one cool looking PC ! lol
Attachments
csm_M2A_32_44b017c091.jpg
csm_M2A_32_44b017c091.jpg (525.44 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
csm_M2A_31_f7848955a8.jpg
csm_M2A_31_f7848955a8.jpg (316.7 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
csm_M2A_30_24132780cc.jpg
csm_M2A_30_24132780cc.jpg (360.45 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
csm_M2A_28_62786bd42b.jpg
csm_M2A_28_62786bd42b.jpg (409.21 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
M2A_27.jpg
M2A_27.jpg (994.17 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
M2A_26.jpg
M2A_26.jpg (675.67 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
M2A_25.jpg
M2A_25.jpg (785.71 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
csm_M2A_24_5d83014e3d.jpg
csm_M2A_24_5d83014e3d.jpg (533.78 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
csm_M2A_22_01e7d84e3c.jpg
csm_M2A_22_01e7d84e3c.jpg (405.66 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
Mini family so far Acemagic ad15 intel core i5-11500B 32gb of teamgroup elite 3200mhz

And now a m2a starship i9 12900h 32gb rtx 3070m ;)Image
TVHD

M2A: a "normal" user won't be able (and can't be advised) to replace RAM or M.2 NVMe SSD.

Post by TVHD »

gordesky1 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:42 pm I was going too tear it down myself over time than post pics afterwards but i ony wanted too do it when i wanted too add either another nvme or get it too 64gb ram lol.
I'm disappointed with this really flawed design because I think a "normal" user won't be able (and can't be advised) to replace RAM or M.2 NVMe SSD.
Even a very experienced expert like @carey934 was unable to independently identify how to access RAM and SSD.
gordesky1 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:42 pm Barry couple days ago did tell me it will be difficult if you want too replace the ssd and ram but said we are currently discussing making a related video. Which would be nice ;).
I'm curious if there will be an official release of a "How To Video" on this topic, because this would be the prerequisite for whether a user can take these measures without losing the legal warranty.

The benchmark is still "S1 = Upgrade storage in 1s", or at least the M1A.
Attachments
s1 = Upgrade Storage in 1s.jpg
s1 = Upgrade Storage in 1s.jpg (150.79 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
Here To Learn And To Share
gordesky1

Re: Disassembled pics i found! To get to the ram and nvme slots.

Post by gordesky1 »

Yep it is disappointed sense i was hopeing the 2 wings on top would come off like the bottom ones at least and i thought the 2 top light bars would either peel up if they was rubber with screws under them like the bottom before i received mine but yea when i saw that they was solid plastic Yea :roll:

For sure will be tricky for a normal user too to do it or even think of doing it without worrying if something will go wrong when doing it or yea if it will mess with the ''Warranty''.. Tho I know in the US opening it wont affect the warranty as long no user damage happens but not sure about other country's tho.

Tho i did noticed there isn't any void warranty stickers nor did i find any on my AD15 when i tear it apart and put a PTM7950 thermal pad on it.

But yea would be nice If they get a video up to guide people that wants too get it apart 👍 Hopefully there will be one.

M2a is fine as it comes spec'd 80-90% of people wont even change the 32gb ram out but gamers for sure would like too add a extra nvme drive in the future sense yea games nowadays is always coming out crazy BIG in size 🤪.. Now can always get a external m.2 encloser but kinda makes that extra m.2 slot useless of having 🤪 Than yea if the nvme drive goes bad or the ram goes bad '''IS pretty rare'' But it does and can happen lol.

Yep S1 and the m1a is very nice too get in and upgrade with their side panels .. That also goes for the AD15 just need too take the 2 screws out on the bottom and slide the panel off and can get too the ram and nvme and also the expansion sata bay. Like i took loads of stuff apart myself in 25 years with computers but even I like a faster way shortcut of doing it lol...
Mini family so far Acemagic ad15 intel core i5-11500B 32gb of teamgroup elite 3200mhz

TVHD

M2A : a "normal" user won't be able (and can't be advised) to replace RAM or M.2 NVMe SSD

Post by TVHD »

gordesky1 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:21 pm... but gamers for sure would like too add a extra nvme drive in the future sense yea games nowadays is always coming out crazy BIG in size 🤪.
  • My target was to install an additional M.2 NVMe SSD
  • As long as there is no official description of "How-To-Install" published by the manufacturer a user is not encouraged to disassemble the device.
  • I wrote an e-mail to "support@cyxtech.com" (the address proposed on the bottom label) asking for instructions to install the 2nd SSD, without any response.
  • Other posts in this forum tell us that you don't have any chance to order a replacement even for a broken tinyy plastic part. I never saw a spare parts list for any MiniPC.
  • Of cause I'm still hoping that @carey934 will publish a follow-up-video to guide us, because the review at notebookcheck.net doesn't show a disassemble procedure.
BTW: Have you ever noticed any MiniPC which doesn't allow a simple user-friendly exchange of RAM and SSD?

PS: M3A seems to offer an easy service access: viewtopic.php?t=5096
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: M2A: a "normal" user won't be able (and can't be advised) to replace RAM or M.2 NVMe SSD.

Post by Gabe »

TVHD wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:47 pm The benchmark is still "S1 = Upgrade storage in 1s", or at least the M1A.
The AMR5 too. I believe that was the first one with the easy access.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
TVHD

M2A: a "normal" user won't be able (and can't be advised) to replace RAM or M.2 NVMe SSD

Post by TVHD »

@Gabe:
  • Do you know why ACEMAGIC (CYX Tech) decides to develop an inaccessible device?
  • Do you expect we will see official “how-to-install” instructions soon?
gordesky1

Re: Disassembled pics i found! To get to the ram and nvme slots.

Post by gordesky1 »

''BTW: Have you ever noticed any MiniPC which doesn't allow a simple user-friendly exchange of RAM and SSD? ''

Nope lol.. Well except some that is on the market that is soldered those i probably never will touch myself lol..

But yea hopefully they do release a video or hopefully at least someone that has one of these will post one on youtube in the future.

But yea Would be nice if @carey934 would want too look into it but i don't think he would want too do all that for just one pc or go threw the trouble with it lol.. Never know tho lol.

The m3a well... I really not keen on the way it looks at all just a plain looking box lol.. At that point it would be just better building a micro atx pc your self lol. Which can be had around the same price or even lower if you look around ;) Tho the m3a can be eye catching for ones that want too idk bolt it under their desk or something like a server box tho.

Even tho i didn't need the m2a at all really sense i have a good bit of very updated desktops that is more powerful.. But what won me over is the looks mostly sense there isn't anything like it lol.. 🤪 I know....🤪 But i do like fancy stuff lol...

But yea i wish the ram and ssd slots was place at the bottom that would've been perfect lol. Or on the top with a flap. Or even a board in one of fins with the ram and nvme threw a side panel ;) lol..

Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: M2A: a "normal" user won't be able (and can't be advised) to replace RAM or M.2 NVMe SSD

Post by Gabe »

TVHD wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:07 am @Gabe:
  • Do you know why ACEMAGIC (CYX Tech) decides to develop an inaccessible device?
  • Do you expect we will see official “how-to-install” instructions soon?
I have no clue why they would design it this way. Unless there's some specific reason they couldn't design it with easier access, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. An inexpensive mini PC is one thing, but this is a whole other animal, and I'd bet it's safe to assume that the majority of buyers of this kind of system have more PC knowhow than the average user, and many would want to be able to upgrade it at some point.

Barry is aware of the request for it, but I honestly have no idea how long it will take.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
TVHD

Re: M2A: a "normal" user won't be able (and can't be advised) to replace RAM or M.2 NVMe SSD

Post by TVHD »

Gabe wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:38 am Unless there is a specific reason why they couldn't develop it with easier access, this really doesn't make much sense.
I completely agree.
  • My conclusion: If you can't develop such an expensive MiniPC with easy access, you must not release this product to the market.
  • My suggestion: Fire the designer who committed this crime and the head of the responsible department. :P

Return to “Intel® Core™ i9-12900H/i7-12700H(M2A)”