AMR5 Mini PC - Changing Performance Mode Does Nothing?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AMR5 Mini PC - Changing Performance Mode Does Nothing?

Post by Gabe »

Dante4 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:56 pm Well, that's more about experience, NTFS is only Microsoft filesystem, even Linux not yet fully have support over it. And here is just UEFI, almost all motherboard may be flashed only from fat/fat16/fat32 flash drive.
Thanks for the info. I'm so used to doing everything with NTFS drives I didn't even think about the fact that something that base level probably needed to be done from a FAT32 drive.

Another in a long line of lessons learned. You'd think after 26 years of using Windows machines and even building my own desktops I'd know that by now. 🤣
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It sounds thrilling. Glad you guys made it.🤣
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
JosephDMcCarthy

Post by JosephDMcCarthy »

Dante4 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:39 pm
Gabe wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:31 pm a blue screen that said something like "EFI Update complete", indicating that the flash had completed. So, I then waited. Ten minutes, twenty minutes --- an hour. I knew that doing anything wrong with a BIOS flash can brick the unit, so I didn't dare do anything. I was assuming that the entire process was automatic, and the end result would be automatically booting back to Windows. Finally, after about an hour and twenty minutes, I typed 'exit' and hit Enter, darn near having a heart attack while doing so, worrying that every single thing I did was going to kill the unit.
Yeah, that's was a bit unexpected, but you should have noticed the errors "fs5 not found", "fs6 not found". And inside script there is a simple "foreach" for fs[1-6], fs is basically where BIOS is.
Gabe wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:31 pm It rebooted, then nothing. The screen went dead. I waited a few minutes, and nothing. The unit was on, as the lights on it were on, but it was showing nothing on the screen.
That's strange. I got instantly back to BIOS then I loaded to the OS.

But after I rebooted I too met black screen until I clicked hibernate again. But I always have the problem with my type-c screen, the AMR5 refuses to send video to it after it's goes to power safe mode until i replug it, so at least I wasn't panicking. That much i mean :lol:
Can you help me know what the script is or what command line to write to install "fs0/1/2/3/4/5/6", I tried updating the normal bios as shown in the previous examples, but I get the same Same errors at the end as in the video, the "fs0, etc.." were not found. I have little knowledge of computers.

Excuse me, I am a Spanish speaker and I am using Google Translator in case it is written wrong.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

JosephDMcCarthy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:23 pm Can you help me know what the script is or what command line to write to install "fs0/1/2/3/4/5/6", I tried updating the normal bios as shown in the previous examples, but I get the same Same errors at the end as in the video, the "fs0, etc.." were not found. I have little knowledge of computers.

Excuse me, I am a Spanish speaker and I am using Google Translator in case it is written wrong.
I would contact barry777, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com and ask for help.

Unless it's a fully automated process, like it often is with many big name PC and motherboard manufacturers, I'm pretty much lost when it comes the ins and outs of flashing a BIOS. Anything more complex that simple Windows commands are out of my league. That I didn't brick my AMR5 when I flashed the BIOS was pure luck.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
JosephDMcCarthy

Post by JosephDMcCarthy »

Gabe wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:40 am
JosephDMcCarthy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:23 pm Can you help me know what the script is or what command line to write to install "fs0/1/2/3/4/5/6", I tried updating the normal bios as shown in the previous examples, but I get the same Same errors at the end as in the video, the "fs0, etc.." were not found. I have little knowledge of computers.

I would contact barry777, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com and ask for help.

Unless it's a fully automated process, like it often is with many big name PC and motherboard manufacturers, I'm pretty much lost when it comes the ins and outs of flashing a BIOS. Anything more complex that simple Windows commands are out of my league. That I didn't brick my AMR5 when I flashed the BIOS was pure luck.
Thanks, I'll wait for it
Good day.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”