AK3 Auto Power On troubles

Quick Fix.
Menion

Re: AK3 Auto Power On troubles

Post by Menion »

I am not asking for help in configuration I am reporting issue. I open another thread for the fan issue
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are working hard to solve your problem.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
ehaase

Post by ehaase »

The 6GB unit I returned exposed the same problem.

I changed the setting in the BIOS setup to automatically power up when the mains power returns after a power outage.

I put it the device in a "KIOSK" box meaning no keyboard, no mouse, but a few monitors. Used as a digital signage.
The whole setup is in a box with one main switch that powers off the monitors and the computer HARD; that is, with immediate power loss -- just like when you have a power outage.

The next morning I want to flick the main switch and I expect that the computer and monitors all come up -- but the computer stays off.
I need to open the box, find the computer and press the power button on the AK3's case. Not the intended use.

Will soon try the 8GB unit, but I would expect the problem to be there too.

--Enver
berisik

Post by berisik »

Got the same issue with AK3V J4125

Its on windows. I unplugged the power adapter. Then I plug it back. Mini PC did not turn on automatically.

I already set it to power on on BIOS.

Here's the bios version
BIOS Version
BIOS Version
IMG_20201020_193814.jpg (685.08 KiB) Viewed 3212 times
berisik

Post by berisik »

berisik wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:59 pm Got the same issue with AK3V J4125

Its on windows. I unplugged the power adapter. Then I plug it back. Mini PC did not turn on automatically.

I already set it to power on on BIOS.
BIOS version 5.13
Project version 1AUAJ 0.38 x64
Build date 05/26/2020

I'm using Windows 10.

On BIOS it was set as "power on". But AK3V did not automatically power on when I tried by unplugging the power adapter then plugging it in again.

EDIT:
if i wait 5-10 minutes before pluggin the power adapter again, it sometimes able to automatically turn on.
oyster

Post by oyster »

This thread seems to have gone quiet but I have just posted viewtopic.php?f=38&t=537 about power on problems I had without touching the BIOS settings so your problems could be similar ie. buggy bios and/or poor hardware, and unrelated to your change to the power on setting.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We will contact the factory to make the relevant BIOS for you. Please be patient and expect to reply to you on Monday.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

After finishing the setting, press F4 to save and exit to enter the system desktop once, click shutdown under the system desktop to shut down normally, and it can be powered on and restarted every time.

Return to “Troubleshooting”