AK1 Disc Failure

Someone will always care about you.
Ragnor99

AK1 Disc Failure

Post by Ragnor99 »

I bought an ACEPC AK1 earlier this year.
The hard drive has failed after just 8 months !!!

I contacted ACEPC suppot. They gave me a few things to try and then agreed that the drive had failed.
They said I need to buy a new hard drive. :shock:
Why should I have to pay for a new drive to replace something that did not even last a year.

Not a happy customer. Not happy at all. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK1 Disc Failure

Post by Gabe »

Ragnor99,

You should haven't to pay for it when it's under warranty, and as far as I know the warranty is one year. Did they offer to reimburse you for the purchase price of the drive?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Ragnor99

Post by Ragnor99 »

No they didn't. They sent me a link to an Amazon page for the type of disc I should buy and that was it.
I did email back saying the PC was barely 8 months old, shouldn't it be them that supplies the disc, but didn't get a reply to that.
I also think the link was wrong. It lead to a SATA drive. I thought the drive in an AK1 was an MSATA. I know you can plug an extra SATA into the additional drive bay, but the main drive on the motherboard is a MSATA, or so I thought.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

You're likely right, in that it should be mSATA, though I think a few revisions use m.2 SATA drives as well.

Hopefully the admin will reply with a better solution, but I'd keep emailing them, as you shouldn't have to pay for a drive that should be under warranty, nor should you have to use a drive in the SATA expansion bay as a "fix".
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ragnor99 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:46 am No they didn't. They sent me a link to an Amazon page for the type of disc I should buy and that was it.
I did email back saying the PC was barely 8 months old, shouldn't it be them that supplies the disc, but didn't get a reply to that.
I also think the link was wrong. It lead to a SATA drive. I thought the drive in an AK1 was an MSATA. I know you can plug an extra SATA into the additional drive bay, but the main drive on the motherboard is a MSATA, or so I thought.
Hello, AK1 uses mSATA hard disk. According to our after-sales regulations, we will replace the hard disk once for you free of charge. This is for your experience. The customer service will select a suitable size hard drive for you on Amazon and buy or give you an Amazon gift card of equal value. Please don't worry. You can tell me the name or email of the customer service you contacted, and I will follow up with your hard drive until you can use it normally.
Have a nice day.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Ragnor99

Post by Ragnor99 »

Thank you, that is Good News. :)

The support person I spoke to was Nick - support@iacepc.com

Many Thanks.
Last edited by Ragnor99 on Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Emergency”