GK3 Secure boot bios update

Quick Fix.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: GK3 Secure boot bios update

Post by Gabe »

simonelombardo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:16 am Though, my unit is just freezed right now: I don't know yet whether there are some stability issues with the newer bios on older board revision or it's just my usual bad luck (it froze when I was using it, not at boot) but when I get some time, I'll take a look. I might need a SPI interface but I don't have any at the moment since I'm not at home.
That's interesting. My AM02 froze twice last week, necessitating a forced shutdown each time. Because of it I ended up performing a clean install again. Since then it hasn't frozen, though I haven't been using it as much.

I checked earlier and W11 freezing seems to be happening to a lot of people.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

In case it might help for anything, below is the BIOS from my AK3 (with the J4105 based system board). It has both Secure Boot and fTPM. Though it does support W11, I didn't install it as I don't really use this unit and it only has 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage. I could add an SSD to it and run the system from that, but I don't have one to spare and I don't want to buy one for a unit I don't really use.

Coincidentally, the system board has the exact same revision numbers as the J4125 system board in my GK1 case, which is GK1_V2.2 2019.08.30.

J4105 BIOS Pic.png
J4105 BIOS Pic.png (341.78 KiB) Viewed 35783 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
stevesmith099

Post by stevesmith099 »

greudeucis
I have now got a dump of my AK3v BIOS by following instructions posted on here. What would you like me to do with it now?. I too have the problem where f7 no longer boots into BIOs, but mine is a Bluetooth dongle keyboard and I cant find an old wired one with a USB connection to try it that way, but I can get in through windows 11.
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

stevesmith099 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:45 am greudeucis
I have now got a dump of my AK3v BIOS by following instructions posted on here. What would you like me to do with it now?. I too have the problem where f7 no longer boots into BIOs, but mine is a Bluetooth dongle keyboard and I cant find an old wired one with a USB connection to try it that way, but I can get in through windows 11.
simonelombardo is the man for the bios, he left his email address in a earlier post
there you go Contact me privately (me-at-simonelombardo.com or PMs).
simonelombardo

Post by simonelombardo »

-
Last edited by simonelombardo on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
simonelombardo

Post by simonelombardo »

Last edited by simonelombardo on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

While we wait for admin to get us the bios update we need, here is another way to run windows from a usb3 memory stick

1) Download windows iso from microsoft
2) Down load Rufus 3.16 from. https://rufus.ie/en/
3) 64gig memory stick
4) Microsoft account (one you used to register windows 10)

Load Rufus, goto select and browse to the iso.
On the pull down menu, select windows go
Click start and wait.

Boot from usb stick and follow the instructions. It will ask for your microsoft email, then will send a code to unlock windows 11, this is a one off .

Any windows updates will save to the usb stick.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Servo128 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:31 pm This is a new way to install windows 11, no other reg tweeks to do

Download windows 11 iso from microsoft
download Rufus 3.16 Beta 2 https://www.neowin.net/news/rufus-316-beta-2/

Run rufus, click on select, and browse to windows 11 iso
Click on Image options and select Extended windows 11 (no TPM/no secure boot /8 gig of ram)
Put a 8 gig usb stick in, and click start

Boot from usb stick and install as normal
I just performed a clean install of W11 Pro on my T6 Pro using USB media created with the above method. Though the unit does have fTPM in the BIOS, there's no Secure Boot, so this method was necessary. It worked perfectly, and the Windows updates are working normally. 🙂
nmeuret

Post by nmeuret »

Servo128 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:00 pm While we wait for admin to get us the bios update we need, here is another way to run windows from a usb3 memory stick

1) Download windows iso from microsoft
2) Down load Rufus 3.16 from. https://rufus.ie/en/
3) 64gig memory stick
4) Microsoft account (one you used to register windows 10)

Load Rufus, goto select and browse to the iso.
On the pull down menu, select windows go
Click start and wait.

Boot from usb stick and follow the instructions. It will ask for your microsoft email, then will send a code to unlock windows 11, this is a one off .

Any windows updates will save to the usb stick.
Evevery body can find such tutoriel on Google ! And everybody knows by doing this you will have a non supported system with ni garanty to have next Windows Updates.
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

nmeuret
I, like you want a bios update. These other ways of running windows are for other users who want it now.

My GK3V is in its box until we get an update. I'm running another mini pc which ticks all the right boxes for windows 11

This work around, boots from usb, and does not use any computer space. You can try the same stick on other computers, leaving windows 10 intact.

Return to “Troubleshooting”