System Process high cpu usage

Quick Fix.
plazon3

System Process high cpu usage

Post by plazon3 »

hello,

after updating the drivers of my T6/W5Pro, my ace pc becamed very slow. then I can see that the "system" process takes more than 30% of cpu usage.

could someone helps me find what cause that high cpu usage and how to solve it please?

thank you
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: System Process high cpu usage

Post by Gabe »

Start the Task Manager, click the CPU column so it sorts the processes to showing the highest usage ones at the top, and you'll be able to determine what the culprit is.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
plazon3

Post by plazon3 »

Hello,

The issue is, there is no drop down icon next to it. its shown as a single process with high usage.

I can see from some forums that it could be related to drivers issue.

I want to check if any member encountered it, and how to solve it.

Thank You
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

You need to find out what process is causing the problem. Without sorting the CPU processes you won't know for sure what's causing it and it's that much harder to help. Drivers are a possibility, but without knowing the problem process there's know way to know which driver would need to be changed or updated.

As stated, please click the CPU column, which will then sort to show the highest CPU draw processes at the top.

Capture.png
Capture.png (51.89 KiB) Viewed 3402 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
plazon3

Post by plazon3 »

Hello,

i just made the screenshot attached and i see that wdf01000.sys then iai2c.sys are the reason of high cpu usages.
it is said that updating iai2c.sys could solve the issue.
do you think its a good idea?
have you got recommandations or the right file for my T5/W5Pro?

thank you
Attachments
sys2.PNG
sys2.PNG (28.31 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
sys1.PNG
sys1.PNG (31.43 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Now that's one I'm not at all familiar with, but a quick search suggests it's a chipset driver. The drivers for the T5/W5 are here. I'd find the chipset in the Device Manager and then use the downloaded drivers file as the search spot to see if it replaces the currently installed driver with one from the downloaded file.

Another option is using the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" and seeing if it shows anything for a chipset driver after its scan. If it does, and if upgrading the driver from the file download mentioned above didn't work or didn't fix anything, I would install it. Normally I recommend against using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to upgrade drivers because there are some drivers that ACEPC tweaks to work with their system, whereas the unaltered driver from Intel might not work properly or as well, but in instances like this there may not be any other option.

If in the end nothing fixes it, one somewhat drastic option is to save everything important from the unit and then reinstall the system (available on the same linked page from above).
plazon3

Post by plazon3 »

Hello,

I finally solved the issue by downloading a new iai2c.sys file and replacing the original one that seems corrupted.

Thank you for your support
Attachments
solved2.png
solved2.png (10.14 KiB) Viewed 3341 times
solved1.png
solved1.png (55.43 KiB) Viewed 3341 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you very much for the specific information. We have always asked customers to reinstall all drivers. Your findings are beneficial to us. I will ask the technicians to fix this BUG and contact the superior to reward your contribution.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”