AK2 wont turn on monitor after it goes to sleep

Quick Fix.
lgarywm

AK2 wont turn on monitor after it goes to sleep

Post by lgarywm »

when the windows puts the monitor to sleep the computer wont turn the display adapter back on when you press buttons on the mount or keyboard but if you have remote access to the computer you can see the screen ?

is this a power setting or a bios update issue
witt

Re: AK2 wont turn on monitor after it goes to sleep

Post by witt »

When the PC enters the sleep state, it can be woken up through the keyboard and mouse manager. You open the device manager and check whether the power management of the keyboard and mouse drive is enabled or not to allow the device to wake up.
papahobo

Post by papahobo »

I've had this problem with every one of these computers I have bought (about 50). I found it occurred after Windows updates the video driver. I was able to delete the new video driver and reinstall the original intel driver and it worked fine again. The problem is Windows will continue to try to do the update , so you have to Control Panel-System-Advanced System Settings-Hardware-Device installation settings ... and choose not to update device drivers. Not an elegant solution, but it works. Probably means there needs to be some kind of bios update to work with the new drivers. I really had to search to find the drivers as well... does anyone know if ACEPC has a place to download drivers or updates?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

papahobo,

The only ACEPC place to download drivers for the AK2 is here, but some of them may not be current.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”