Hard drive SSD problem

Quick Fix.
Matthew Mainini

Re: Hard drive SSD problem

Post by Matthew Mainini »

I will need the Multimedia Audio Controller driver please so that I can install it. Windows cannot detect it when trying to update the driver. It is giving me an error code (28 or 38 I cannot recall). I uninstalled the device, but no luck with a reboot. Windows cannot find the driver.

Can you link me the download to the audio driver for my PC?

My setup:

GK1
Intel Celeron J4105 CPU @ 1.50Ghz
8GB ram
64-bit OS
Win 10 Home version 1909
OS build 18363.815

The OS was recently installed to fix other boot issues as noted in post above. The Windows file I used was from official Microsoft installation tool via USB. I've updated to current via windows updater.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is all the drivers for GK1, which includes what you need, link: https://mega.nz/#!9wARzaJR!5ZYlShlgnedK ... rEIPknxn9w

If you still cannot solve your problem, you need to reinstall the system. This may be caused by your update to the latest version. There are bugs in version 1909 that have not been optimized. It is recommended that you disable automatic updates after reinstalling. The tutorial we published.

Reinstalling the system tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13
Disable update tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Matthew Mainini

Post by Matthew Mainini »

The audio driver install worked! Thanks for sharing. PC is running great again. ACEPC for the win!

:D
Jim Quinn

Post by Jim Quinn »

New to the mini, I purchased the AK1 yesterday with 6GB RAM,120GB mSATA SSD,, I also purchased a 2nd ssd for storage a Silicon Power 1TB ssd, the problem is it does not see the storage ssd at all,it's not in the bios, not in File explorer no noise when I install it , I assumed putting the 2nd ssd in would just be plug it in and go, Am I missing some install steps to using a 2nd drive, I serched everywhere for info on this, and finally came across the board.... Please help... Other wise , this is a sweet machine....Thanks.
Metralo

Post by Metralo »

admin wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:43 am Please take a picture of the BIOS in the main interface and let me see which version of the BIOS your mini PC has.
My Bios is core version 5.12 img in attach
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jim Quinn wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:18 am New to the mini, I purchased the AK1 yesterday with 6GB RAM,120GB mSATA SSD,, I also purchased a 2nd ssd for storage a Silicon Power 1TB ssd, the problem is it does not see the storage ssd at all,it's not in the bios, not in File explorer no noise when I install it , I assumed putting the 2nd ssd in would just be plug it in and go, Am I missing some install steps to using a 2nd drive, I serched everywhere for info on this, and finally came across the board.... Please help... Other wise , this is a sweet machine....Thanks.
The new disk needs to be partitioned, please see the tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=156
Video tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=155
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Metralo wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:02 pm
admin wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:43 am Please take a picture of the BIOS in the main interface and let me see which version of the BIOS your mini PC has.
Not this, I want to see the BIOS, Build Date and Time under the main interface
Metralo

Post by Metralo »

admin wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:33 am
Metralo wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:02 pm
Not this, I want to see the BIOS, Build Date and Time under the main interface
Core version 5.12
Compliancy UEFI 2.5: PI 1.4
Bios Version 1.0
Product Type AK1003
Build Date and time 12/14/2019 10:51:25

I hope this is the information :-)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

After booting, press the DEL key. After entering the BIOS, use the arrow keys to move to the boot tab, select boot # 1, set the first boot item to: windows 10, and then press F4 to save and exit.
1.png
1.png (186.02 KiB) Viewed 5656 times
Metralo

Post by Metralo »

admin wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:49 am After booting, press the DEL key. After entering the BIOS, use the arrow keys to move to the boot tab, select boot # 1, set the first boot item to: windows 10, and then press F4 to save and exit.1.png
I already have that parameter configured

Return to “Troubleshooting”