Intermittent Fan Noise

You can post ACEPC forum feedback and forum-related problems.
Good suggestion will be always welcomed and rewarded.
sihaynes65

Intermittent Fan Noise

Post by sihaynes65 »

Hi, i recently bought the GK3V miniPC on Amazon & I've got a problem with a noisy fan. Every once in a while it becomes really noisy even when I'm not doing much on the pc. The fan doesn't sound right either but like its starting & then stopping again. Looking through the forum I see a lot of other people have had a similar issue. Is there any solution for this?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Intermittent Fan Noise

Post by admin »

Hello, our fan uses an intelligent temperature control design, which will increase the speed when the temperature is above 70 degrees. Please take a video and upload it to YouTube and tell us to connect. I will listen to the fan. If there is an abnormality, we will provide you with a solution.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
sihaynes65

Post by sihaynes65 »

Hi here's the link to a video of the fan noise:

Like I said the PC makes this start/stop 'breathing' noise all the time which is very distracting. It does it even when the machines idle.

I'm happy with the computer apart from this issue but is this isn't resolved I will be returning it.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, the fan sound is normal. Regarding the start-stop problem, we are already pushing the factory to make improvements. Thank you for your feedback. If you don’t have a lot of tasks open, you can unplug the fan’s PIN line and let it run silently. This requires disassembly. We provide you with a tutorial:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
sihaynes65

Post by sihaynes65 »

The fan noise is not normal. If I find it distracting then its too loud. I have had other mini PCs that have largely ran silent. When you say you are pushing the factory to make improvements how is that going to help those who already have the PCs? Will there be something we users can do to improve this stop/start problem.

So are you suggesting in the meantime I unplug the fan? Isn't this potentially dangerous?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can refer to this forum post: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=844.
When you unplug the fan pin, you can use CPU-z to check the temperature. Here is its download address:
SarahAnnJones

Post by SarahAnnJones »

Just wondering if there has been any further development on this issue?
I recently bought on of these computers thinking that a bit of fan noise wouldn't bother me, and to be honest if the fan ran continuously it probably wouldn't bother me. But that fact that it constantly starts and stops is really very irritating!
So any fixes for this would be most welcome!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, can you tell me your model? I will ask the factory technician to answer it for you.
DreamingVoid

Post by DreamingVoid »

I just bought a AK 2 Model and I have exactly the Same issue. Fan goes on and off constantly no matter if it is idle just windows running or some program. As thenfan is pretty loud thisnis rather annoying. Just running the bare windows 10 shouldn’t-t put the unit under stress. I run the latest version of windows with all patches.
coolmo

Post by coolmo »

What voltage does the stock fan run on?
One could buy a big slow (and silent) fan, place it underneath the case to create constant airflow via the bottom grid
Anyone tried that?

Return to “Forum Feedback”