Stuttering and blurry text

Quick Fix.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stuttering and blurry text

Post by admin »

Thanks to maleko48 for providing professional answers to customers during my absence. Your professional review has been selected as an announcement. Everyone can see this post first.👍
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
mr_flm

Post by mr_flm »

Guys, the problem with stuttering is now fixed on my unit. Thanks to maleko48, I confirm what it says. YouTube in 4K 60 fps runs perfect in full screen finally. Tested with ACEPC Windows 10 (forum downloaded) overall the mini pc is slower, 4K 60fps playback fails. Tested with Microsoft Windows 10 Home fully updated and so on, runs faster overall including 4k 60 fps playback.

1. Fresh Win 10 (Home in my case) with latest original ISO file - offline installation!
2. First start, immediately install only drivers from the screenshot. Drivers from zip archive (Gemini Lake_GK1_Driver.7z) downloaded from downloads section.
3. Then let Windows to finish all updates and so on.
4. Customize as you want, seems that is the performance is not affected at all.
I am happy how fast runs now. My conclusion is that when stuttering is present in 4k playback, actually overall performance is lower than it should be. I paid around 150 $ for a new GK3V unit, so at this price I am very pleased. Cheers!
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (22.94 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
Ethernet speed test
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (129.89 KiB) Viewed 3059 times
Wireless speed test - slower download than upload. Driver issue - going to test other drivers.
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (31.38 KiB) Viewed 3059 times
Last edited by mr_flm on Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maleko48

Post by maleko48 »

mr_flm wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:49 pm Guys, the problem with stuttering is now fixed on my unit. Thanks to maleko48, I confirm what it says. YouTube in 4K 60 fps runs perfect in full screen finally. Tested with ACEPC Windows 10 (forum downloaded) overall the mini pc is slower, 4K 60fps playback fails. Tested with Microsoft Windows 10 Home fully updated and so on, runs faster overall including 4k 60 fps playback.

1. Fresh Win 10 (Home in my case) with latest original ISO file.
2. First start, immediately install only drivers from the screenshot. Drivers from zip archive (Gemini Lake_GK1_Driver.7z) downloaded from downloads section.
3. Then let Windows to finish all updates and so on.
4. Customize as you want, seems that is the performance is not affected at all.
I am happy how fast runs now. My conclusion is that when stuttering is present in 4k playback, actually overall performance is lower than it should be. I paid around 150 $ for a new GK3V unit, so at this price I am very pleased. Cheers!

Capture1.JPG
I am happy it worked out for you! :)

One other thing I forgot to mention is that I always perform my Windows 10 installs 100% offline. I don't plug an ethernet cord in, and I don't connect to any WiFi during setup. I just defer it, and say I don't have internet and will do it all later after the installation process is complete. That will allow you to install Windows 10 without being forced to create a Microsoft account.

Additionally, once you boot into Windows for the first time after installing it, you can sideload O&O ShutUp 10 using a USB thumb drive and stop all of Windows 10's offensive behaviors before they have a chance to start! :D

This can help keep Windows from automatically installing less-than-ideal generic device drivers as well as keep Cortana at bay, and hopefully prevent your start menu from filling up with "Candy Crush Saga" or whatever useless apps Microsoft tries to automatically push to newly-established installations. After setting all of O&O ShutUp 10's options how I like them, I reboot (still offline), open O&O ShutUp 10 AGAIN, and confirm no changes were automatically reverted by Windows as they sometimes can be, then save the settings again and reboot (still offline). Once the system comes back up, I connect it to the internet and proceed from there.

Also, if your GKV3 came with Windows 10 Pro on it, you can safely choose the Windows 10 Pro option during the installation process if the installer presents you with a choice.
mr_flm

Post by mr_flm »

Good advices as usual. This app O&O ShutUp 10 is great, and I use it also. ;) 8-)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks to super user meleko for the suggestion. At the same time, I hope mr_flm has a pleasant experience.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”