High CPU Usage

Quick Fix.
Aaltan

Re: High CPU Usage

Post by Aaltan »

Hi again Maleko48,
I usually check device manager to see if all devices are correctly recognized and dirvers are installed, as programmer i'm not a newbie in configuring PCs (well i'm not a system engineer, but...):
Devices.png
Devices.png (35.82 KiB) Viewed 2553 times
anyway, as always:
Activity.png
Activity.png (51.81 KiB) Viewed 2553 times
maleko48

Post by maleko48 »

Aaltan wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:57 pm Hi again Maleko48,
I usually check device manager to see if all devices are correctly recognized and dirvers are installed, as programmer i'm not a newbie in configuring PCs (well i'm not a system engineer, but...):

Devices.png

anyway, as always:

Activity.png
Looks good enough for now. Keep in mind however, just because a device does NOT have a yellow bang (!) does not mean it has the best driver. Windows likes to automatically install generic drivers first which may make the bang go away, but can be suboptimal.

Have you tried rebooting into Safe Mode to see if the problem persists?

Next on the list, I have seen that OneDrive / cloud storage integrations can cause Win10 system processes to hang and/or consume excessive CPU. Can you try disabling your OneDrive temporarily while troubleshooting?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/116 ... -10-a.html

Also, can you take a screenshot of the "Details" tab in Task Manager, sorted by CPU?
Taskmgr_n1EL0gQyOV.png
Taskmgr_n1EL0gQyOV.png (8.15 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
Have you tried disabling CTF Loader to see if that is what is the root cause:
https://thegeekpage.com/ctf-loader-error/

Have you tried switching to "Adjust for best performance" at least temporarily while troubleshooting to alleviate some load on the Desktop Window Manager (DWM / "Gestione finestre desktop")
SystemPropertiesPerformance_Q7bhg6iFM6.png
SystemPropertiesPerformance_Q7bhg6iFM6.png (21.82 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
Have you reviewed all of your Task Scheduler scheduled tasks?
Do you have MS Office installed?
What software have you installed since reinstalling Windows?
Do you have any Windows system customizations / themes / hacks / etc?
Are you signing into Chrome and syncing all your stuff?
Are you positive you do not have any malicious Chrome extensions following you through your sync / questionable software / etc?
Do you have any 3rd party AV?
Have you let it idle overnight without going to sleep to see if anything settles?
Are you sure it is not just spiking the limited CPU resources while doing background tasks such as file indexing?
Have you checked out your system's Event Viewer logs?
What is your current windows version?
Have you checked for and received all currently available windows updates by using the Windows Updates page from your settings?

EDIT:

just noticed this thread on the forums here:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=509

Also, have you installed Intel's driver update software and run it a time or two to let it update everything?
Aaltan

Post by Aaltan »

Hi Maleko48,
wow you're spending a lot of time on my issue, thx again, but I think you're looking to solve a non existent O.S. issue.
Have you reviewed all of your Task Scheduler scheduled tasks?
Do you have MS Office installed?
What software have you installed since reinstalling Windows?
Do you have any Windows system customizations / themes / hacks / etc?
Are you signing into Chrome and syncing all your stuff?
Are you positive you do not have any malicious Chrome extensions following you through your sync / questionable software / etc?
Do you have any 3rd party AV?
Have you let it idle overnight without going to sleep to see if anything settles?
Are you sure it is not just spiking the limited CPU resources while doing background tasks such as file indexing?
Have you checked out your system's Event Viewer logs?
What is your current windows version?
Have you checked for and received all currently available windows updates by using the Windows Updates page from your settings?
No scheduled tasks, no MSOffice installed, no other antivirus than Microsoft Defender installed, no thirdy parts software installed (except Thunderbird and Chrome), no sign up in Chrome, no synch with Chrome, no Chrome extensions, no 'strange' background tasks working, no strange events reported in log and finally all updates installed (even optional ones).
Simply AK3V uses all CPU resources doing nothing.
witt

Post by witt »

hello
This is to disable the PTT EK service to solve the CPU usage problem

Return to “Troubleshooting”