Slow WiFi speed T11

Quick Fix.
jlthorburn

Slow WiFi speed T11

Post by jlthorburn »

Hello,

Just received new ACEPC T11 form Amazon. Installed very easily. Cloned Windows 10 Pro to a 120GB SDD I installed. PC now boots from SSD no problem. I have left the installed windows 10 on the 64GB emmc. After install a window Upgrade was completed to ver. 1909 OS build 18363.1016

My only problem is Slow wifi speed. I have Verizon Fios with 300 Mps Up and downloads. I get close those speeds on other 5G devises in my house. Not so with the T11. I only get 40 to 50 Mps with the installed Realtec 8821 "CU" wireless LAN 502.11ac USB NIC. I also tried to use a Realtec 8821 "AU" wireless USB adapter on the T11 USB 3.0 that I use on my old dell inspiron that gets 275 Mps downloads. It too only gets 40-50 Mps with deteriation to 10-15 Mps?

When pluged into the LAN port I get 75 to 100 Mps. My house is wired with Cat 5 with 10/100 cable so that seams ok. I was hoping to get faster WiFi speeds. The T11 is in close proximity of the Verizon Router.

Hoping you can help me achieve faster WiFi on my new ACEPC T11.

Regards.

John
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Slow WiFi speed T11

Post by admin »

1. Due to the slow WIFI speed caused by the network bandwidth, it is recommended that you place the product in a better network environment or increase the network bandwidth. In addition, other devices in your life will occupy the network speed, such as mobile phones and other products, when you are online When downloading files, the server will also affect your internet speed.
2. Due to the long distance between the product and the wireless router device, the WIFI signal is weak and the speed is slow. It is recommended that you place the MINI PC next to the router.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
jlthorburn

Post by jlthorburn »

The T11 is within 3 feet of the router.

More likely wifi card configuration properties?

I have no idea.

John
Crisen

Post by Crisen »

Hi. I have a similar issue. 30-35 mbs tops with a 100 mb connection. Please advise. And yes, the router is 3 feet away and nothing is is using bandwidth during those speed tests
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Crisen,

I'd check in your connection properties. You can see them in Settings > Network and Internet. On the Status page, which should be what it defaults to, click Properties on your current connection. When you scroll down you should see different parameters, such as the Protocol and your Link Speed.

What is the Protocol? Does the Link Speed look low?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
milasx

Post by milasx »

Are you using 2.4 or 5 Ghz? Mine is now unable to connect to 5Ghz and that could be the issue?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, what kind of 5g network is it? Can you show the WIFI interface?
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
milasx

Post by milasx »

thank you. you mean the router settings or the broadcom driver?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We want to know the router settings and the model of the router. Can your other devices recognize and use the network well?
milasx

Post by milasx »

Hello,

It is a huawei router. Yes other devices work well. Also the AcePc used to connect to it but stopped recently. I tried to update the drivers as per post in this forum but it did not help. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to “Troubleshooting”