AK2 - Where did my sound go? (after Windows update)

Quick Fix.
Cryoman

AK2 - Where did my sound go? (after Windows update)

Post by Cryoman »

I've completely lost my sound after 1809 Windows update. Got little red X at speaker icon on tool bar. Device Manager shows Intel Display Audio (driver) installed and appropriately up to date (I removed and replaced it completely twice.) Audio troubleshooting says "no sound devices installed" or similar. My legacy Cambridge SoundWorks audio system with mini-jack line input was working just fine until this last Windows update. Temporarily brought over little JPL speaker from other computer with USB input (vice min-jack) and AK2 would also not recognize this device. Tested independently both audio systems and their mini-RCA and USB cords. This is not an external hardware issue. ... Any suggestions? Is there a ACEPC sound driver to be had??

Thanks! Cryoman
Cryoman

Re: AK2 - Where did my sound go? (after Windows update)

Post by Cryoman »

UPDATE:

This is:

Model: AK2 Mini-PC, Purchased: January 2021 Problem: No sound after latest Windows 10 update (1909?). Also has had multiple crashes upon boot up, typically 2 or 3x "cycles" before becoming stable.

Thanks!! Cryoman
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Cryoman,

The problem may very well still be the driver. Unfortunately, I don't know if ACEPC still has 1909 drivers available. They may, but only the admin can say for sure. You can download and try the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" to see if it finds a new one, but I would limit whatever it finds to ONLY the audio. You don't want to upgrade a driver for something that's already working properly, as sometimes these drivers are "tweaked" to work properly, and a new driver may not be.

Or...

My advice would be to upgrade to version 2004, which you can get for the AK2 here. The installation file comes with the drivers already installed, so you won't need to do so separately afterward. You will need to save any important files prior to this, as it's a complete system install, so nothing is saved like during an upgrade in place.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
witt

Post by witt »

Hello, this is the AV2 driver, and the system download link. The easiest way is to install the driver first to solve the sound card problem. If you can’t install the driver to solve the problem, you can finally reinstall the windows, because the Acepc system integrates everything Drive

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=706
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

witt wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:08 am Hello, this is the AV2 driver, and the system download link. The easiest way is to install the driver first to solve the sound card problem. If you can’t install the driver to solve the problem, you can finally reinstall the windows, because the Acepc system integrates everything Drive

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=706
For reference, these drivers are for version 2004. They may or may not work with 1909. It wouldn't hurt to try, though, since it's already not working anyway.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
witt

Post by witt »

Yes, ACEPC updated the Windows 10 2004 version on the forum. I found the system link of Windows 10 2004 version of ACEPC AK2. Windows 10 usually encounters driver incompatibility or other systems when updating major versions. problem. The result is missing drivers, blue screen issues, etc. This is a problem with Microsoft's online update. He will occupy the network and memory, it is recommended to permanently turn off the Update function
ak2 windows10 2004:

Return to “Troubleshooting”