ACEPC T6 Stick - System process running at 30% Always

Quick Fix.
gwallace

ACEPC T6 Stick - System process running at 30% Always

Post by gwallace »

Hi,

We recently purchased a Pocket PC T6 Stick as we'd like to asses the performance of the device before purchasing a larger number.
However out the box (Windows 10 Build1909), connected to a HP HDMI using the cable provide, HP USB Keyboard & Mouse the 'System" Process constantly runs at 25-30% and over the time the device gets quick hot and obviously effects the performance of the device.

Reimaged using your 2004 image "T5_2004_Pro_X64_6255_en_de_es_fr_it_ru_zh_20201210" but the device still exhibits the same issue! As it stands we can't look at purchasing more until this issue is resolved.

Please advise?

Many thanks,
George
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ACEPC T6 Stick - System process running at 30% Always

Post by admin »

Hello, thank you for your support. Please open the task manager to check its occupancy rate and send us a picture to check the reason for the abnormal occupancy rate.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
gwallace

Post by gwallace »

Hey Admin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've attached the screen shots as requested.
System_Process.png is just the Task Manager view.
process_explorer.png goes into a more detailed view using Sysinternal Process Explorer application.

Hope that help?

Thanks.
George
Attachments
system_process.png
system_process.png (77.35 KiB) Viewed 4302 times
process_explorer.png
process_explorer.png (183.92 KiB) Viewed 4302 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for the picture. This is a bug that has always existed in Windows. I will report back to the factory and ask for related solutions. Please wait. For now, you can try this tutorial for some optimizations:
Code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
gwallace

Post by gwallace »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Tried the following today.....
Performed a Clean Boot, disabled non Microsoft services. No change.
Started in Safe Mode, No change.
Disabled most devices in Device Manager, no change.
Also noticed I'm not able to Install any additional language packs! Windows is in English-US but we use English-UK!
Tried installing Spanish as a test, same results.....Shows Pending and never downloads.

I'm not sure it's necessarily a Windows bug, We have thousands of Windows 10 computer from 1909 to 20H2 and have only come across this kind of issue on a handful of occasions and it's generally been a driver related issue or a corrupt Windows Install.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
Kind Regards.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When I saw you talk about language problems, I realized that this is a ghost of Microsoft. Please try to reinstall the system, we provide you this link: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=699
witt

Post by witt »

Usually, the language packs downloaded from the network in the system take a long time, which may be related to the Microsoft server. The long wait is finally available for download and installation,
gwallace

Post by gwallace »

Hi,

We're having no joy here. T6 Stick rebuilt using your 2004 image, CPU still running at 30%, device get's very warm, so I expect the CPU won't last too long in end :(

Regarding the languages... Strangely when you setup the Stick at the beginning to use Spanish you can download the English language no problem, but if you choose US-Eng when configuring the Stick after re-image it doesn't download the English Language :(

I also reimaged the device with a vanilla build of Win10 1909 Pro using our Enterprise DVD.

The only device that doesn't get installed is the sound driver, which isn't an issue. However again the processor "System" runs at 30%

Could this be driver related?? I only ask because there are 3 drivers I cannot update!! See attached screenshot.....

Running out of idea's not an looking at alternative devices.

Thanks,
George
Attachments
drivers.jpg
drivers.jpg (142.32 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, I am very sorry to make you wait. We have given feedback on this, but because this is a probabilistic problem, what is currently known is Microsoft’s update problem. We hope to replace you with a brand new device and let your use return to normal.

You can contact our after-sales mailbox for further help: service@iacepc.com.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If it is due to Microsoft's update and intel ME firmware update, the intel(R) PTT EK re-certification service is used too much. It is recommended that you disable it to prevent it from starting. WIN+ R, enter services.msc, open the service, click the service intel(R) PTT EK Recertification Service, double-click to open it, and change the startup type to Disabled. Or check the following tutorial:

Return to “Troubleshooting”