System won't boot

Quick Fix.
cbbella

System won't boot

Post by cbbella »

Trying to install win10 2004 image. When I press f7 button the T6 won't boot
Last edited by cbbella on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: System won't boot

Post by Gabe »

After starting the unit and then pressing F7, the unit should boot to the BIOS. Does it not?

Edit: That should have been boot menu, not BIOS.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
cbbella

Post by cbbella »

i think pressing f7 takes you to boot menu so i can install new win10 image from usb stick
pressing delete takes you to bios,

neither of these options work.

i have also tried to access the bios from windows using the advanced startup option. this method does not boot to bios either
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/acce ... windows-10
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Sorry. You're right. F7 for boot menu and the delete key for the BIOS.

I'd try a USB 2.0 port rather than a USB 3.0 port for the flash drive.

If it still doesn't work, I'd try one of two things. Either re-copying the system to the USB drive or trying another USB flash drive, if you have another to try.

It sounds like you can still at least boot to Windows. Is this right? Just trying to determine whether the unit is bricked.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
cbbella

Post by cbbella »

i can boot into windows ok and all is working ok on win10 v.1909 i was just trying to update windows to 2004 version as in the files download section and following the videos in there but i am unable to access the boot menu by pressing f7 or access the bios by pressing the delete key with or without a flash drive inserted in usb2 or usb3 port

windows has even tried to update the stick to the latest version 20H2. it downloads the update and goes through the installation procedure all the way to 100% then restarts and goes back to version 1909 with an error message saying it couldn't update to the latest version
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

cbbella,

Is it a bluetooth keyboard you're using, by chance? The reason I ask is that bluetooth keyboards aren't "enabled" until much further on in the startup process and wouldn't work for getting into the BIOS or boot menu. As of right now that's the only thing I can think of that it could be. If not, and you're using a 2.4GHz dongle type wireless keyboard, or even wired keyboard, hopefully the admin will have some ideas.

Sounds like you have a T5 or T6. I'm not sure of their compatibility with 20H2, at least at this point. I can't remember for sure, but I think I've seen a post or two about driver compatibility issues with 20H2, and ACEPC doesn't yet have drivers for that version, or at least as far as I know.
cbbella

Post by cbbella »

Yes its a wired keyboard and yes its a T6. Let's hope the admin can help. Thanks for your input
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, you can check whether the keyboard is connected properly by pressing the CapsLock key. After booting up, you need to continuously click the F7/DEL key to select the startup item. Hope it helps you.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”