CK2 Crashing and hardware issues PCIe and WiFi compaltibility

Quick Fix.
chad11224

CK2 Crashing and hardware issues PCIe and WiFi compaltibility

Post by chad11224 »

I have a CK2 and it is having issues when the WiFi adapter is enabled. It logs as a WHEA-logger entry and shows this is a the issue in the log entry:

Device Name:
Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #6 - 9D15
Hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D15&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_F1

However, when the wifi adapter is disabled the errors do not show up. This is causing hundreds of WHEA-logger entries for the above hardware ID and eventually locks/bluescreens the PC which the event shows a few minutes after a "reboot without cleanly shutting down first" entry. When disabling the WIFI adapter it will log 3 entries, wlan-autoconfig then two WHEA-logger entries then will have no more issues. The bios date and system date also were wrong after reboot. The issue also caused the bios to boot to shell and not the hard drive which showed no issues even when boot order was set properly. After running safe mode I narrowed it down to the PCI controller and the WiFi adapter not communicating properly and causing hardware issues. This can be solved by a BIOS update I am sure. Also, all drivers have been updated to the latest for the WiFi adapter and the PCI controller per manufacturer. Regular and updated BIOS updates can help with these issues and prevent random crashes and bluescreen errors. Dump reports are not formed due to the catastrophic failure of the system. The system has only been in use for less than 2 months and a reinstall of the operating system will not be an effective or acceptable solution as it is a fundamental hardware I/O issue of the motherboard. We have about 2 dozen of the CK2 machines in production and have had similar issues with others where disabling the WIFI adapter solved some of the same issues.
Attachments
IMG_20210323_104332.jpg
IMG_20210323_104332.jpg (3.44 MiB) Viewed 3065 times
IMG_20210323_103641.jpg
IMG_20210323_103641.jpg (3.52 MiB) Viewed 3065 times
IMG_20210323_103612.jpg
IMG_20210323_103612.jpg (4.59 MiB) Viewed 3065 times
IMG_20210323_103424.jpg
IMG_20210323_103424.jpg (3.3 MiB) Viewed 3065 times
IMG_20210323_103420.jpg
IMG_20210323_103420.jpg (4.25 MiB) Viewed 3065 times
IMG_20210323_091547.jpg
IMG_20210323_091547.jpg (5.05 MiB) Viewed 3065 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CK2 Crashing and hardware issues PCIe and WiFi compaltibility

Post by admin »

Hello, thank you for the instructions, I will ask the R&D staff. Please be patient.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, based on some instructions I got. The error report under the system will record all events that occur on the computer, but it cannot determine the computer's specific problem. Can you describe your problem in detail?
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
chad11224

Post by chad11224 »

There is no further information to provide. The original post provides all information needed to determine the problem and cause. The event log is the only source of information to determine the unpredictable and unstable performance of your device that bluescreens. Please review the original post below with highlighted information. It is an issue between the PCIe controller and the wireless card. The only thing between those two parts is the motherboard. Please have your team review this thoroughly.

I have a CK2 and it is having issues when the WiFi adapter is enabled. It logs as a WHEA-logger entry and shows this is a the issue in the log entry:

Device Name:
Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #6 - 9D15
Hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D15&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_F1

However, when the wifi adapter is disabled the errors do not show up. This is causing hundreds of WHEA-logger entries for the above hardware ID and eventually locks/bluescreens the PCwhich the event shows a few minutes after a "reboot without cleanly shutting down first" entry. When disabling the WIFI adapter it will log 3 entries, wlan-autoconfig then two WHEA-logger entries then will have no more issues. The bios date and system date also were wrong after reboot. The issue also caused the bios to boot to shell and not the hard drive which showed no issues even when boot order was set properly. After running safe mode I narrowed it down to the PCI controller and the WiFi adapter not communicating properly and causing hardware issues. This can be solved by a BIOS update I am sure. Also, all drivers have been updated to the latest for the WiFi adapter and the PCI controller per manufacturer. Regular and updated BIOS updates can help with these issues and prevent random crashes and bluescreen errors. Dump reports are not formed due to the catastrophic failure of the system. The system has only been in use for less than 2 months and a reinstall of the operating system will not be an effective or acceptable solution as it is a fundamental hardware I/O issue of the motherboard. We have about 2 dozen of the CK2 machines in production and have had similar issues with others where disabling the WIFI adapter solved some of the same issues.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, this may be a problem with the Wifi motherboard. Thank you for your explanation. This allowed us to confirm the problem. Please contact our after-sales mailbox: service@iacepc.com.
chad11224

Post by chad11224 »

admin wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:15 am Hello, this may be a problem with the Wifi motherboard. Thank you for your explanation. This allowed us to confirm the problem. Please contact our after-sales mailbox: service@iacepc.com.
I have not receieved a reply for a week. Please let your team know to contact me.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, I'm very sorry to keep you waiting. I will take this matter seriously. Please tell me the email address you use by private message, and then I will contact the corresponding person in charge. thanks for your patience.

Return to “Troubleshooting”