Acepc T6 Bios problem

Quick Fix.
GioCose

Acepc T6 Bios problem

Post by GioCose »

Hi, I recently bought an acepc t6 mini pc with windows 10 installed. As soon as I bought it, I tried to connect an external hard drive with Ubuntu installed and start it instead of using windows. I had no problem. Pressing F7 my hard disk was displayed in the menu and once selected Ubuntu started. After several updates, I tried to do the same operation again. Unfortunately without being able to do it. After pressing F7 the only possible operations are:
Built-in: EFI Shell
windows boot manager
Enter setup
I tried to enter the setup and try to change the options of the security section, hoping to be able to solve, but without success. Can you tell me how I can go about solving this problem? Thank you.
(This translation was generated using Google Translate and I apologize if the grammatical form, or the words, are not perfect)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Acepc T6 Bios problem

Post by admin »

Hello, to solve the problem. We want to know what updates you have made.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
GioCose

Post by GioCose »

Hi and thanks for your reply. I don't remember exactly what updates were downloaded. I can tell you that currently the Aptio Setup version is 2.17.1249 while Windows 10 Pro is version 20H2.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have you successfully entered the ubuntu system before? We did not find the cause that would affect it. This may be related to your use. Have you performed a BIOS update?
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
GioCose

Post by GioCose »

Hi,
the first time I tried it I had no problem and I was able to boot ubuntu from an external hard drive. I'm not sure but I seem to remember that, in the various updates, there was also the bios update. For this I have focused my attention on the bios. I can't find any other possible causes for this problem. And that's why I asked for your help.
GioCose

Post by GioCose »

Is it possible that this problem is caused by a low CMOS battery?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, this may be because your Ubuntu system does not have a driver. We cannot help you with this. You can use the Windows system, and now it is also very convenient.
GioCose

Post by GioCose »

Hi,
please could you tell me how to do the bios downgrade? Thank you.
Rudi452

Post by Rudi452 »

If you find a way to reset the BIOS to its original, I'll be happy to read how. I had a similar experience and No, the BIOS in the T6 is not a friend of Linux. I tried Ubuntu as well and threw it off again, but never was able to repair the BIOS back to original.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

GioCose wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:40 am Hi,
please could you tell me how to do the bios downgrade? Thank you.
Did you upgrade the BIOS from what it originally came with?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”