T5 Reset

Quick Fix.
Nova1395

T5 Reset

Post by Nova1395 »

Good morning all..

I was a bit unequipped apparently when I bought my T5, I just got it yesterday. The first thing I did was run Windows Updates, which uh.. yeah. Not all that great of an idea apparently, who would have thought. I began troubleshooting the adapter, and that's when I realized that this would become a bigger task.

First off, the Device Manager wasn't showing that there were unknown devices in the menu, so using the guide here on the forums to reinstall the drivers was not going to work. After fiddling around, I went to the second option, just reinstalling the entire system file - this too doesn't work. For some reason the boot manager isn't recognizing the USB drive in the boot menu. Finally I went down my third option, which was to do just a clean install of Windows - created a USB Windows tool, and the boot manager recognized the SAME USB drive and managed to boot from it. This worked, however still left me without WiFi, so I'm attempting to go down this route of reinstalling the system file provided here again.

Can someone help me out? What am I doing wrong? I've followed the guide step-by-step, however it seems that for whatever reason it's not recognizing the boot file as a bootable image. Download the files, extract them, drop the contents of the folder onto the flash drive (not the root folder, but all the contents with the Boot/EFI/images etc. folders), and then boot the drive and press F7 bla bla bla. With the Windows Installation Tool, the boot manager recognizes the USB drive as a bootable disk. With the system image, it does not.

Any help?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: T5 Reset

Post by Gabe »

Nova1395,

If your T5 has a USB 3.0 and a USB 2.0, and it was the USB 3.0 you were using for the attempted system reinstallation, I would try the USB 2.0 port instead. I don't have a T5 so I'm not very familiar with this, but some systems "would rather" boot to USB 2.0 ports when they have both.

Regarding the drivers, I replied to your other post.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Nova1395

Post by Nova1395 »

I appreciate the help, but didn't matter which USB port I tried.

I managed to get a fresh install of Windows but running into many issues with drivers, unremarkably. Most of them have been resolved with the exception (so far) of the built in wireless adapters. Additionally I'm troubleshooting the Audio driver as it detects that there's a playback device but I've got no audio.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

The wireless adapter issues may be related to the 4345r6nvram.txt configuration script. This script is in the driver file download. It's in Cherry Trail_Z8350_6255\T3_Z8350_D+stepping\AP6255_win10 of the unzipped files.

After the drivers have been installed, take that configuration script and copy/paste it into the drivers folder at C:\Windows\System32\drivers, then close the open windows and restart the unit. This script tells the WiFi driver how to start.

Hopefully this does the trick.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Nova1395

Post by Nova1395 »

The wireless drivers never came back, unfortunately. I have 3 Generic SDIO devices in Device Manager, however nothing that seems to be done with them. The USB adapter seems to be doing its job well enough.

Initially I was afraid that either the USB adapter, the NAS's streaming capability, or the T5's limitations itself was causing severe screen tearing while streaming. But after running some more Windows Updates, both the Audio and Graphics driver were updated and this fixed both the audio issue and the screen tearing during streaming. Currently watching movies right now streaming from my NAS... So far so good. It took almost 16 hours of troubleshooting, reinstalling, digging for drivers, and a couple of pagan symbols, but I'm up and running to the capacity that I'm fine with.

Many thanks.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We like your hands-on ability, and you can use this driver file to update:
This is the tutorial:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We like your hands-on ability, and you can use this driver file to update:
This is the tutorial:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”