Problem with T6 Tv-Stick

Quick Fix.
C0mmunistCat

Problem with T6 Tv-Stick

Post by C0mmunistCat »

Hi there,
i have this product Mini PC Stick 8GB RAM/ 120GB ROM, Intel Atom Z8350 Stick Computer Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit), Dual-Band WLAN, USB 3.0, Bluetooth 4.2.

So i have a problem with the stick. I cant watch videos with out stuggering.
Watching Taskmanger it boost to 1.62ghz. Intel said i should boost to 1.92ghz. Is there a bios update or an open bios where i can setup the cpu?
Temperature is about 35-40 C.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Problem with T6 Tv-Stick

Post by Gabe »

You may be able to go into the power settings and increase the maximum processor state.

Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings (on whatever power plan you're using) > Change Advanced Power Settings.

Scroll to Processor Power Management and change the Maximum Processor State to 100% if it's not already there.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
C0mmunistCat

Post by C0mmunistCat »

Hi Gabe,

nice to hear a solution.
BUT:
1. Powerplan have only balanced mode no other
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (50.43 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
2. There are only 3 Options Diashow for Background, deactivated after, and turn off monitor after
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (67.3 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
This System runs in german
and it is pretty fresh just started 3 days ago, no programms are installed.
Only windows was updated.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

COmmunistCat,

Before stating the rest, one thing I've discovered the admin suggest in a similar instance is trying an alternate browser, or even an alternate video player, if that's what you're using to play the video, to see if it plays more fluidly. Perhaps something like VLC media player.

In addition, regarding the following about the CPU, one thing to keep in mind is that they lock these settings down for a reason, which is primarily thermal. A CPU operating at maximum, even for short periods, can drive the temperature up considerably, and with these units not having a secondary cooling system in the form of a fan, it can cause real concern. That's not to say that it would or will cause problems, but only that it can, which again is why they tend to lock it down to a lower amount. The number one enemy of processors is heat.

Regarding the processor itself, see if the following may help to enable the Maximum Processor State option. There's a way to enable it, but the trick is finding the right method. However, with it being in German I don't know if it will affect the coding given in the Command Prompt instructions. I don't think it would, but I don't know for sure.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/107 ... ndows.html

Now I should say that I don't know whether increasing the processor GHz will help. It may actually be unrelated to the primary issue. I would try the alternate browser or media player first.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
C0mmunistCat

Post by C0mmunistCat »

Hi Gabe,

I did what the site told me, downloaded reg did the trick, but it is on 100% now still stuggering, so i thing it is cpu related, because when i have the video in 720p it plays fine wihout stuggering and the cpu is at 1.62ghz and at 80-95% workingstate, do i put in 1080p it stuggers every 3-5 seconds and the cpu is at 100% all the time.

You said it is thermal issued, because of thermals, but iam around 40C max 45C and i dont think that this 300mhz will add much to temperature.
Maybe around the 60C and that a normal temperature for a cpu, but i think that will solve many performenc issued things.

Sure VlC is maybe little bit cpu less eating like the normal player, but then this tvstick is not for my use, because i want use it combite with a usb stick for cabel tv on my old 1080p samsung tv, something like a smart tv.
And if it already at the limit only, because the resolution there is no headroom for the usbcabel stick.

That why i asked if i could get a open bios where i can tinker with it. Or that normal one for 1.92ghz to see how that will work out.

The most annyoing part is that the advertising said it is 4k HD ready at 30fps, and if it already stuggered with normal 1080 with normal windows player it will never reach that 4k. That why ordered the 8gb ram stick =(, to have less bottlenecks.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

C0mmunistCat,

You can try the method I linked for enabling the Maximum Processor State option. ACEPC only offers tailored BIOSes to customers who buy their products in bulk, unfortunately, so it's unlikely that there is going to be an alternate BIOS available to you. But again, you should be able to enable the Maximum Processor State option in the power options, then change it to 100%.

The admin may have some other ideas and may reply to express them.
C0mmunistCat

Post by C0mmunistCat »

Okay Gabe,

i think that reg.edit data broke now my StickPc complett, i rebooted it,because sometime you need to reboot befor some change happen and i didnt want to get your work to wasted.

Now it doesnt boot up anymore and a red LED is on, but it was a blue one. And it doesnt boot anymore. Any idea what a red led means?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I apologize for this outcome. I was only trying to help, but I instead succeeded in making things worse. 🙁

The only topics I can find with a T6 and a red LED suggests a problem with the board, but that can't be right, as a registry edit wouldn't affect the board like that. The only thing a registry edit can do, besides what it's designed to do, is mess up Windows.

At this point I would either wait to see what the admin has to say (I'll PM him so that he'll be sure to see this thread when he gets back on tomorrow), or reinstall the system. For the latter, you can see this topic.

Again, I'm very sorry for the outcome. I hope you didn't have any important files or anything like that stored on it that you don't have copies of elsewhere.
C0mmunistCat

Post by C0mmunistCat »

Hey Gabe,

you are my man ;).
Found the solution at this topic viewtopic.php?f=38&t=741&p=2501&hilit=red+led#p2501 picture 3 did the trick.
And it runs now smooth af. Still only getting 1.62ghz but only 70% workload at the cpu.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

C0mmunistCat,

Phew! That was a bit scary. I just sent a PM to the admin about the red LED, but I'll delete it.

I'm glad it's now working well. Maybe a BIOS/CMOS reset was really all it needed in the first place. I would have never, EVER thought of that to fix the main issue. Pretty neat that it did the trick.

I'm really glad it turned out okay and it's working now as it should. 🙂

Return to “Troubleshooting”