AK1 unable to see SSD

Quick Fix.
Gepefa

AK1 unable to see SSD

Post by Gepefa »

Hi, I recently purchased an AK1 and am trying to add a 250GB SSD to the sata bay however it is not showing within Windows.

I have tried in Device Management and also using Diskpart but the drive does not show up when mounted in the bay, even after reconnecting to make sure it is secure.

I connected the drive using a USB enclosure to one of the USB ports and it shows up fine so I know the disk is good. I also initialized and partitioned it this way in case that helped, but after reconnecting it the drive still doesn't show.

Is there anything obvious I am missing to enable the sata bay, or is it likely mine is faulty ?

Thanks
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK1 unable to see SSD

Post by Gabe »

Gepefa,

Hopefully the admin will have an idea of what to do. Normally "Disk Management" related instructions are given for this issue, which I'll post for the sake of redundancy, but it sounds like you've already checked there, so it's unlikely it will help.

The admin may be off today because of the holiday, and he's usually off for the weekends, so it may be a few days before he responds, unfortunately.

Hang in there.

Again, just for the sake of redundancy, here's the tutorial...

W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. Please check whether the AK1 hard disk box is stable
2. Reinstall the hard disk to ensure it is normal. This is the reference tutorial:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gepefa

Post by Gepefa »

Hi, this isn't an mSATA drive but a full size regular SATA SSD in the lower drive bay.

I have removed and re-seated the drive several times to check the connection, and also removed and reconnected the bay itself to ensure the USB C connection is secure.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you very much for your attempt. You can check whether the hard disk can be detected in the disk partition. This is a tutorial on disk partitioning:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gepefa

Post by Gepefa »

Hi, as I mentioned the disk is not showing up within Disk Management or diskpart, although when I use a USB enclosure through the USB ports the disk shows up fine and I can partition it.

I know the disk is good, it is just not showing up when connected in the SATA bay.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Of course, the hard disk must be connected to AK1 to be seen.
Gepefa

Post by Gepefa »

Hi, it is connected, I thought I had made that clear...

At the risk of repeating myself:
  • I have inserted the disk securely into the SATA bay, several times.
    I have connected the SATA bay to the AK1, several times.
    I have connected the disk via a USB caddy to one of the regular USB ports to ensure the disk is good, and partitioned it when connected that way
    The disk is not showing up when connected in the SATA bay, even though I know the disk is good and has been partitioned correctly.
Does this mean the SATA bay is faulty? The motherboard? What is the course of action to get this resolved? This is a new computer and is currently unable to see an SSD added in the SATA bay.
Gepefa

Post by Gepefa »

Hi, my update to this hasn't been posted?

As I explained the SSD is connected in the disk bay and cannot be seen by Windows. It cannot be seen in Dark Management or diskpart.

If I connect the SSD using a USB drive enclosure it can be seen, and can be partitioned, so I know the drive is good.

Does this mean the disk bay is faulty? The motherboard? Please advise as to how I can get this working.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, sorry for not replying to you in time. Please contact our after-sales mailbox: service@iacepc.com.
Your problem may be caused by damage to the hard drive rack. We are very sorry, and we will compensate you for a Msata hard drive.

Return to “Troubleshooting”