Acepc AK2 power down USB when turned-off

You can post ACEPC forum feedback and forum-related problems.
Good suggestion will be always welcomed and rewarded.
TOscar

Acepc AK2 power down USB when turned-off

Post by TOscar »

Good Morning,
I've purchased an AK2 and i am really happy with it (even if i installed it few days ago), but i would like to know if there is a possibility to turn off the USBs power when the AK2 is completely turned off.
I have an external HDD connected via USB port and when i turn-off the AK2 the HDD still powered on, this has an unnecessary power and hardware consumption, and a bit of continuous loud because of the HDD disk turning, forcing me to disconnect the HDD each time i turn-off the AK2.
I didn't find other posts about that, except a post for an AK1 where there is not a solution yet, do you confirm there is not a solution yet even for the AK2? Do you have a firmware update for the bios introducing a solution or is planned to?

My AK2 BIOS has:
Core version: 5.12
BIOS version: 1ATJS 0.58 x64
Product type: AK1004
EC Information: ITB110 005

Thanks in advance for your answer and Best Regards,
TOscar.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Acepc AK2 power down USB when turned-off

Post by Gabe »

TOscar,

I'm pretty sure that, like with the AK1 post you saw, the answer is no. The AK1 and AK2 actually share many components, including the system boards, with the main difference being the case style.

With this said, it's possible that the admin may have a different or updated answer, so I'll defer to him.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Forum Feedback”