ACEPC T6 no audio through HDMI native Windows 10 drivers.

Quick Fix.
laffik

ACEPC T6 no audio through HDMI native Windows 10 drivers.

Post by laffik »

Hello,

I just bought ACEPC T6 Mini PC Stick Windows 10 Pro, 8GB DDR/ 120GB eMMC Intel Atom Z8350, Support 4K HD, Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Band WiFi AC.

Soon the things started to be sorrow...

I have no audio when T6 plugged into my Celcus TV through HDMI with native Windows 10 audio drivers.

I have sound in T6 though through ASIO drivers in the same TV through HDMI.

In this case T6 plays sound from audio dedicated DAWs (FLStudio and Renoise) and sound plays in TV.

When using Windows 10 native drivers with Google Chrome or Windows 10 built-in sounds there is no sound or I get requester saying that sound playing failed.

When using trouble shooter I get information that Windows Audio Services and it's builder service don't respond.

Restarting services does not bring sound back in Windows, Google Chrome nor Edge.

In Audio Setup window when chosen audio device is Speakers instead of TV, flashing level meter indicates there is audio playback on Speakers, however I have no speakers plugged into T6 as it has no speaker either headphone socket.

I tried to install drivers presented on this forum: https://www.iacepc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=503&p=1615&hilit=t6+audio#p1615.

In this case sound popped in, however vanished after returning from sleep and was quiet until reinstalled driver again. I can not reinstall drivers every time after returning from sleep. :evil:

I tried to install Realtek HD Audio drivers and no effect.

Windows 10 is updated to 20H2 and still no sound.

Can someone help me bring sound on track?

It would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ACEPC T6 no audio through HDMI native Windows 10 drivers.

Post by admin »

1. Let the customer check whether the audio device is switched correctly, and the audio in the lower right corner of the left button can be set.
2. Refer to this tutorial setting:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
laffik

Post by laffik »

When selecting speakers as default device UV meter is pumping green light, there is no sound through the TV though.

The stick has no speakers jack output.

There is still sound through ASIO applications.

I've got preamp, amplifier and speakers plugged to TV output and only thing I need is HDMI signal to the TV, so selecting speakers as default device misses the point.

I need TV as default device.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you confirm that your TV comes with speakers? Your sound list may have multiple devices. Switch to the correct device to set up successfully.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
laffik

Post by laffik »

Yes my TV comes with the speakers that work with ACEPC Mini PC T6 Stick with ASIO drivers. There's no sound hrough the speakers with native drivers with either speakers or TV chosen from the list. Windows work only on native drivers. Doesn't go on ASIO.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the audio settings, set the audio output to HDMI TV output to have sound.
laffik

Post by laffik »

When I set the audio output to HDMI TV output I have no sound. There's sound on my small spare Alba TV, but no sound on big Celcus TV.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

laffik,

Being that the audio through HDMI works with one TV, but not the other, I would check with the second TV's audio input settings to ensure that it's not automatically trying to play some type of sound that the unit can't supply.

I don't know that this is the problem, but only that it should be checked. With it working on one TV, logic would dictate that it should work on all, but being that it's not is odd. So again, I'd check, if only to eliminate that as a possibility.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
laffik

Post by laffik »

Hi Gabe!

That advanced tab where one can select sound mode for windows sounds is not available. There's none of it. So I can not check what sound mode PC Stick is sending to TV. When trying another computer (Windows Vista) on Celcus TV there's sound through HDMI in plenty of formats 16, 24, 32 bits 44.1, 48, 96, 192 Hz. TV is accepting all possible modes.

When PC Stick is recognising Celcus TV I got different set of tabs in Sound preferences. Advanced tab (the one with sound modes) is unavailable and even Levels tab is empty unlike on other TV or with other PC on Celcus TV.
No sound modes tab available.
No sound modes tab available.
Untitled.jpg (106.33 KiB) Viewed 4285 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

laffik,

I meant to check in the T's settings itself. Sometimes TVs have their own audio settings that can alter what they accept for sound, and cycling through them, if it has them, might cause it to catch the right one. That's just an idea. I don't know if your TV has these settings or not. My current LG doesn't, but my older Sony did.

The only other thing I can suggest is trying an alternate HDMI cable or even an alternate HDMI port on the TV, if it has another.

If none of this helps, hopefully the admin, or even someone else, has some ideas to try.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”