Win 10 20H2 Post-Update WiFi FIX

Quick Fix.
yjchoi17

Win 10 20H2 Post-Update WiFi FIX

Post by yjchoi17 »

I'm pretty sure this is gonna get asked a LOT now that Windows 10 20H2 is available.

After installing 20H2, WiFi no longer worked. Nothing new in the world of ACEPC. Right?

Here's what I did; (I'm on T5, but it should be the same for all machines that use Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO)

From this link, download the latest driver. (sort by date) As of this writing, 1.596.33.0 is the newest.
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.co ... m+wdi+sdio

From the windows device manager, "remove device" the Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO network adapter. While you do it, delete drivers as well.

Reboot.

Go back to windows device manager, "remove device" Broadcom bcmfn2 under System Devices. Again, delete drivers.

Reboot.

Go to windows device manager for the third time. 2 devices will show up under unknown devices. If not, do a scan for new devices. If they still don't show up, power down the machine. Unplug the power. Then try again. At this stage, there has to be 2 unknown devices showing up. For each device, use the drivers downloaded from the above.

Reboot and WiFi should be working again.

My understanding of the problem is that during the update, only one of the device drivers get updated, causing some sort of driver version mismatch. By doing this, you are sure to have a pair of drivers that match and are also the newest.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Win 10 20H2 Post-Update WiFi FIX

Post by admin »

Thank you for your tutorial support!
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”