Microsoft365 or LibreOffice @T6 ?

Quick Fix.
Rudi452

Microsoft365 or LibreOffice @T6 ?

Post by Rudi452 »

I had a look at the options to load an Office package onto the T6 and it looks like Microsoft365 demands at least a 1.6GHz CPU. Given the standard 1.44GHz of the Z8350 with its max 1.92GHz overclocking I wonder whether this is stretching the edge too far. Currently in use is Microsoft365 on the main computer, but already the Linux desktop machines do run LibreOffice and it is mainly kind of ok to mix the two.

Has anybody used an installed (non-browser version) Microsoft365 for a longer period on a T6, is it usable or permanently overheating the stick?
Rudi452

Re: Microsoft365 or LibreOffice @T6 ?

Post by Rudi452 »

After giving both a quick try, I'll answer myself. Yes, you can install and use Microsoft365 Office Suite on a T6-4/64. It takes some time to install, but it works, slowly but usable for basic office tasks. I compared to LibreOffice 6.4 and yes, that one is slimmer and a tad more responsive, but not that much. I most probably would have gone Libre for a small 2/32 memory T6 and on the 4/64 I'll stay Microsoft.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft365 or LibreOffice @T6 ?

Post by admin »

Thank you very much for the test. If you find more tests, you will receive our gift card rewards.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”