T6 with hdmi display cannot control screen shutdown

Quick Fix.
ipestell

T6 with hdmi display cannot control screen shutdown

Post by ipestell »

Hi
I have a T6 with an HDMI display. I am running a monitoring program written with VB.net 2019.
I am able to shut the screen down within my software no problem.
I have tried using a similar command to the shutdown command with the appropriate parameter changed, I have tried to simulate a mouse movement, and I have tried a send key function, but none of them work.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
TIA
Ian
ipestell

Re: T6 with hdmi display cannot control screen shutdown

Post by ipestell »

P.S.
I cannot adjust the brightness either.
Rudi452

Post by Rudi452 »

Hi Ian,
how exactly did you 'shutdown' the screen? If you really send a shutdown to the screen, it is - off. You need to send a 'sleep' command ro be able to 'wake it up' again.
R
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can try: Win+r, open the run, enter CMD, after opening CMD, enter the command: shutdown -s -t 5, it will automatically shut down after 5 seconds.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
ipestell

Post by ipestell »

Rudi452, Admin

Hi,
Thanks for your responses. My problem is not shutting it down, I can do that either via the program or using sleep, or screen saver to a blank screen.
My problem is waking it up again.
I have a microcontroller which has a PIR attached to it, and sends a code to the PC Program. The program recognises the code and goes to a function.
This is all working perfectly. My problem is including a bit of code that will trigger the screen. I have tried simulating a mouse movement, and a key stroke and sending a message, but none of them has any affect. If I touch the screen when the blank screen saver is showing, it responds correctly, but has no effect if the screen is shut down by the sleep option.
I can get all the things I have tried above to work on my development laptop.
Any suggestions would be very welcome, as I am at a loss now.
All I wish to achieve is for the screen to shutdown in some way, and then re-activate when someone walks into the room.
Also, using the brightness control has no effect.

Thanks in advance
Ian
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We have no way to help you DIY your own products. Therefore we cannot provide good advice.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
ipestell

Post by ipestell »

Hi,
I accept your comment, although I posted in the hope other users may be offer some help, however, what about the issue that the brightness control has no effect?

Regards
Ian
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We recommend that you use the brightness setting that comes with the monitor so that your display effect will be more balanced. For the system, all you can do is dark mode. :idea:

Return to “Troubleshooting”