Screen not fully shown

Quick Fix.
calsi

Screen not fully shown

Post by calsi »

Just got an AK1 and everything came up fine. One thing not quite right is the display when connected to a 65 inch Samsung 1080P. About two thirds of the tray is not displayed and the Windows button is invisible off the left of the screen. Almost like the screen is inside a frame, a bit blocked all the way around. I fixed this by downgrading resolution to 1680 from 1920. Is there a way to get back to 1920 and have a complete screen?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Screen not fully shown

Post by Gabe »

calsi,

If you're able, I would make sure that, for your computer connection, the TV is set to the same resolution as the Windows display output. The TV could be sensing a different resolution and is adjusting to whatever that is, so it's not showing properly.

Also, just in case, and if you haven't already, try the other HDMI port on the AK1, and even the TV (if it has more than one HDMI input), just to see if that makes any difference.

Edit: Also make sure that the TV display is set to the Original size, not Zoomed or anything like that.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
calsi

Post by calsi »

Thanks for the quick response.

Could not find a specific resolution setting on the Samsung, it it 5 years old. All that is available is 16:9 or size to fit. But size to fit does not appear as an option on the port the AcePC is plugged into. As stated before I can use the intel utility to set to 1680 and everything fits nicely on the screen as one would expect.

Got interrupted in middle of it all. Will go back and switch cables later. Thanks again.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

calsi,

I'm still wondering if it's somehow zooming the image, like a wide zoom, which would end up cutting the edges off.

I'd look up your Samsung model on their site to see if there is a downloadable user guide, then check to see if it has settings somewhere for the zoom. I don't have a Samsung, so I'm not sure where it would be, but on both my Sony and LG the zoom feature is accessible with a remote button.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know that this is what's causing the problem, but only that it's a possibility, especially with what you're describing.

Hopefully the admin or someone else may have some other ideas. But it's good that you can at least see it with changing the resolution to 1680 x 1050 in the meantime.

One last thing to check, though you may have already done so, is that the scaling in the display settings in the AK1 is set to 100%.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (8.18 KiB) Viewed 1802 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
calsi

Post by calsi »

There are a couple of zoom settings and a wide setting but the TV is set to 16:9 (Netflix HDMI view) It might be too coincidental that the 1680 fits the screen perfectly. Seems it would zoom as well if zoom were in play. Screen resolution tricks of the trade are not my forte.

There is a screen fit setting that does not appear on the Samsung size menu for the HDMI that the ACEPC uses. That might imply something is getting adjusted in the connection??? And yup, scaling is at 100%.

May just chalk this to sweet mysteries of life and live with the setting that works. Not sure it will make that much difference to the untrained eye. Thanks for the effort.
IMG_0097.jpg
IMG_0097.jpg (37.06 KiB) Viewed 1796 times

Return to “Troubleshooting”