ACEPC Mini AK2 blue screen restore failed

Quick Fix.
andrewrobertson

ACEPC Mini AK2 blue screen restore failed

Post by andrewrobertson »

Hello!

About two days ago I got a blue screen sad face with the error: Kmode exception not handled. Tried to do a Windows 10 restore but it blue screened a couple times along the way. Anything else I should do or is it time for me to toss this in the trash and swear off this brand since it's computer didn't last longer than 8 months.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: ACEPC Mini AK2 blue screen restore failed

Post by Gabe »

andrewrobertson,

A quick search concerning the exception gave some things to try. So no, I wouldn't toss the unit.

https://www.pcgamer.com/kmode-exception ... to-fix-it/

If you want to try a clean install instead of a restore, you can get Windows 10 Pro 2004 for the AK2 at the following...

https://mega.nz/file/h8ZTga4Z#eCrWfqeo7 ... a21CS6cOr0

Installation Tutorial...

You can also contact ACEPC after sales support at service@iacepc.com.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are many reasons for the blue screen, which may be caused by an abnormal shutdown. Generally, it can be solved by powering off and then restarting. If it cannot be resolved, the system file is damaged, and it is recommended that you reinstall the system. System link: Win10_1909_Pro:
Reinstall the system tutorial:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
andrewrobertson

Post by andrewrobertson »

Did a complete clean install and seemed to work for about 10 minutes. Got halfway through some updates then got a BSOD saying System Service Exception and now it won't power back on. Any other advice?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

andrewrobertson,

Being that the admin won't be back until the weekend is over, I'll try to help as best I can.

It's possible that the problem is being caused by an outdated driver. The following is a driver set for at least the AK1 and the AK3, and with the AK2 having the same system board as the AK1, it's likely that many of the drivers, if not all of them, are identical. It may be beneficial to try the OS install again, then update the drivers before ever connecting to the internet.

https://mega.nz/#!ZkIDXAbQ!h4V5F3Nl9Q63 ... eEFWdd0wGE

I can't, however, recommend which OS version to use, as in 2004 or 1909. I always go with the latest, but that's just me, and this is a troubleshooting type situation, so I don't know.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”