CK6 thermal throttling issue

Quick Fix.
thirtyfiftyone

CK6 thermal throttling issue

Post by thirtyfiftyone »

I have discovered that the CK6 has a manufacturing defect that causes immediate thermal throttling. There are several diodes and capacitors that stick up higher on the motherboard than the processor does, which results in those items touching the heatsink and preventing the CPU from touching the heatsink. You can see from my pictures how the thermal paste didn't get squished.

My resolution is to sand out the heatsink so that those items do not touch the heatsinks. I have noticed a significant reduction in operating temperatures.

Balastrea

Re: CK6 thermal throttling issue

Post by Balastrea »

I just received the CK6 yesterday and tried to update windows via the windows update option within windows and the unit would get hot during this process and shut down. Then it would loop that something went wrong with the PC and would not finish the update so I ended up trying to reset the PC via the Windows option and now the PC wont boot up at all. This design flaw that causes the thermal throttling is a terrible quality control issue. I am assuming that my unit has this same issue although I have not yet opened the box to verify.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CK6 thermal throttling issue

Post by admin »

Hello, you can contact our after-sales mailbox: service@iacepc.com.
I will give you a satisfactory answer.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”