AK1 USB power

Quick Fix.
cs76

Re: AK1 USB power

Post by cs76 »

admin wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:50 am Sorry, this feature cannot be turned off. If the USB is powered off in sleep mode, the USB device's product will not continue to work. This is also unreasonable in design.
Thank you for your reply.

As already said, I'm not putting the AK1 in sleep mode, I'm completely turning off the AK1...
I continue to think that you should implement differently the USB power management.

For example you could decide to power some USB port when AK1 is off, and some other usb port could be not powered...
it's not so difficult !!!
It's not impossible !!!
It's safer !!!
It's more efficient !!!
it's more reliable !!!

Please evaluate this change request, I'm really upset for this issue...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

After confirming with the factory, the answer we got is that the BIOS can be customized only when products are purchased in bulk. Regarding your question, we can ensure the safety of the machine. Simultaneously, we need to explain to you that when you do not plug in the USB, it is equivalent to turning off the device when you turn off the power, which is actually very smart. After you insert the USB device, the USB port will be powered on.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
cs76

Post by cs76 »

admin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:47 am After confirming with the factory, the answer we got is that the BIOS can be customized only when products are purchased in bulk. Regarding your question, we can ensure the safety of the machine. Simultaneously, we need to explain to you that when you do not plug in the USB, it is equivalent to turning off the device when you turn off the power, which is actually very smart. After you insert the USB device, the USB port will be powered on.
Thank you for your reply.
I'm sure you can make us a gift introducing this feature in a new BIOS release...
I'm sure you can convince us (your customer) that you can introduce improvements !

Waiting for new BIOS update...
Wig42

Post by Wig42 »

I have the same problem. I have a 12cm Fan on top of my AK3 because the temps were so high but after power down the fan didn't switch off, so I bought an inline USB power on / off switch off eBay. Much better than having to unplug the fan every time. Here is a link for the switch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Cable-Wi ... 635-2958-0
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

For others reading this thread, Amazon has the following, which I present only as an option if you need one...

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.57.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.57.55 PM.png (257.39 KiB) Viewed 2630 times

The system doesn't allow links to Amazon, so the picture will have to do. I made sure to get the address in the snapshot though (I'm in the US).

Though I don't personally have this fan, a good number of people who have the same internet as I do have purchased this fan for their modem, and they've said it works quite well. This is just one option. There are scads of USB fans out there.

Hope this helps.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”