AK3 RESTART PROBLEM big delays, and not resuming from sleep

Quick Fix.
oyster

AK3 RESTART PROBLEM big delays, and not resuming from sleep

Post by oyster »

Setting up a new AK3 J4125 8GB using SVGA screen connection wired keyboard and wireless mouse.
While working through most recent Windows updates (believe it was 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004' I started a seeing big delays during the usual multiple reboots. I also saw one BSD 'Driver Power State Failure' but it carried on ok and completed all the updates.
However now there are serious delays rebooting before windows loads. There a long delay (maybe exactly 1 minute?) with black screen before the ACEPC white logo appears then the Windows background appears but the keyboard and mouse are non-functional for about another 1m30sec.
When resuming after going to sleep (as set in power settings) touching the spacebar brings up the ACEPC logo as normal but then nothing happens at all the only way to restore Windows is a single quick press of the power button on the unit.
There is definitely something wrong in the BIOS not compatible with recent Windows updates. This need fixing by BIOS update ASAP please unless anyone has any better ideas?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK3 RESTART PROBLEM big delays, and not resuming from sleep

Post by Gabe »

oyster,

In the interim, I'd roll back the feature update, if you can. I think you only have ten days in which to do so. You should be able to find it in Settings >> Update & Security >> Recovery.

If it was the feature update that just came out, it likely upgraded to version 20H2, not 2004. If you bring up your Run prompt and run winver, it will show you the version you presently have installed. If it shows the string "19042" it's version 20H2, and if "19041" it's version 2004. I have version 2004 on my AK3 and it works perfectly.

Just in case, version 2004 is still available for download via the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft. You can make USB flash drive installation media with this. If you go this route, after downloading the tool, but before using it, right click on it, go to properties, then details, and make sure that it says it's for version "19041".

You can get the ACEPC tailored version of Windows 10 Pro 1909 for the AK3 here:

It's likely that ACEPC will come out with a tailored version of 2004 soon, though again, the straight Microsoft version works fine for me, and as a clean install rather than an upgrade-in-place.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, currently, there are only mega files. You can download them normally. We are uploading it to the Google web disk. If there is an abnormal prompt when downloading, please give us feedback.
AK1 2004: https://mega.nz/file/h8ZTga4Z#eCrWfqeo7 ... a21CS6cOr0
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
oyster

Post by oyster »

Gabe - many thanks for the advice. I have 2004..
admin- I am downloading this megafile but can you explain what it will do when it finishes downloading 6gb and whether it is a better solution than Gabe's suggestion to try to roll back the update? I dont want to lose any of my settings for 3 different user accounts..
oyster

Post by oyster »

update from original poster: without doing anything the problem appeared to be solved or gone away anyway with normal restarts possible, BUT.. today the problem is back with a vengeance and practically unusable. A restart request from windows requires a power off reboot. A shut down request ends up not restarting after power button is pressed again requiring power off reboot. I bought two identical machines the other one is fine. This one is going back to Amazon. I'm updating this post just in case it might help others from wasting time as I have. I'm dubious about build quality of these units now and fully agree with other posts about fan noise caused by poor quality fan and not variable speed..
oyster

Post by oyster »

I posted a reply to this problem to say the problem appeared to have gone away and that post appeared nearly instantly. Then the problem started again and worse it was almost unusable and I suspected a hardware quality problem so I modified the post here to say I would be returning the unit under warranty to Amazon. This post never appeared so I am suspicious that the forum is being moderated to hide negative posts. This is another attempt to warn people of possible problems. Does caveat emptor get translated by Chinese bots?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please do not incite customers with negative emotions, as this will lead to a ban. We will review each post and make a pass or fail decision. The results will be sent to you in the form of on-site mail.
Please check the remaining space of the system disk. When the space is small, it will reduce the startup speed. Also, does your computer have a solid-state drive? The read speed of mechanical hard drives is far less than that of solid-state drives.
Please check if there are any problems with the machine after installing the stable version 2004 system. Microsoft’s update always solves known bugs, and unknown BUGs appear. I hope this reinstallation of the system. The tutorial can help you: https://mega.nz/file/h8ZTga4Z#eCrWfqeo7 ... a21CS6cOr0.
Even simpler is that you can roll back the system version to the 1909 system, which will solve your problem. Win10_1909_Pro:
Regarding the inability to wake up in sleep mode, please check the following tutorial:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

oyster,

The reply edit concerning the problem reappearing and that you're sending the unit back is still there from when I approved it at 3:59PM EST today. If you cannot see it, try refreshing your browser page, or even clearing your browser cache and then opening the page again. I assure you, it's there. A snapshot...

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (40.17 KiB) Viewed 3577 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
markfireblade

Post by markfireblade »

Hi, I have a similar problem with an AK2. Same solution.....?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

markfireblade wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:50 am Hi, I have a similar problem with an AK2. Same solution.....?
If you're having the same issue I would suggest doing the same thing. The Windows 10 2004 that the admin linked to is also for the AK2.

As always with a reinstall, don't forget to back up your important files and such.

Return to “Troubleshooting”