SSD is not being recognized by ACEPC T11

Quick Fix.
Texmurphy4

SSD is not being recognized by ACEPC T11

Post by Texmurphy4 »

I am trying to get a new "Kingston 240GB A400 SATA 3 2.5" Internal SSD SA400S37/240G" to work in the expansion slot of my ACEPC T11. Does not show up in disk management or file explorer.

I went ahead and formatted it on a different computer (Amazon Q&A for the ACEPC recommended this to resolve the issue), and while my other PC recognized it and formatted it without issue, the ACEPC is still not showing it at all. Please advise how I can get the new SSD to show up?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SSD is not being recognized by ACEPC T11

Post by admin »

The new hard disk needs to be partitioned before it can be used. This is the hard disk partitioning tutorial:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Texmurphy4

Post by Texmurphy4 »

The new SSD is not visible in disk management so this guide can not be followed.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Texmurphy4,

Do you have an external USB adapter with which you can connect the drive via USB? Sometimes the drive will show this way, and you could then create a partition on it.

Or, if possible, maybe a desktop with which you could connect it internally, if only temporarily, to do the same?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Texmurphy4

Post by Texmurphy4 »

Hi. Yes I did connect it to another computer, internally, and formatted it / created a partition. Then removed from that pc and installed in the acepc. Still not showing up in disk management.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Texmurphy4,

If you have another SSD or laptop HDD, it might help to temporarily connect it to see if the unit recognizes that drive. If you don't have another drive, or you do and it's not seeing that one either, your best bet is likely going to be contacting ACEPC after sales support at service@iacepc.com.

I'd make sure to describe both the issue you're having and what you've already tried, as in creating a partition on the drive and formatting it and such, so that you don't end up going over the same things you've already tried.

With this said, it's possible that the admin will have further things to try.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

T11 cannot use the hard disk as a boot disk, but as a storage disk. If you want to know more, please provide more information.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
ksdennis

SSD is not being recognized by ACEPC AK1

Post by ksdennis »

I have the same problem.
I suspect the ext drive bay is not working/connecting.
I have a Samsung SSD 250GB.
I have formatted it on another computer using a USB adapter.
Drive is formatted as NTFS.

When I connect the drive using the ACEPC external drive bay the drive does not show up in Disk Management.
Drive is also obviously not showing up in File Explorer.

If I connect the disk using my USB adapter cable the drive shows up and is ready to use.

Please help.
I just bought this PC it is only one day old.
I possibly need a replacement drive bay.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please try to replug and unplug the SATA base to make sure the contact is good.
If the failure occurs repeatedly, it should be a problem with the SATA base. Please contact our after-sales mailbox: service@iacepc.com

Return to “Troubleshooting”