Site Admin
Site Admin

Solve the screen "NO DISPLAY" system settings

Post by admin »

Turn of sleep more:
1. Enter "Settings"
2. Click “system”
3. Find "Power & Sleep"
4. Set the screen sleep time to "never". Set my own self.

Thank you for watching this video. Stay with us for more videos.
And if you have any questions, you just directly go to our FORUM link & Message us.
Official FORUM: index.php
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialACEP...
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/acepc.official
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
gbace

Re: Solve the screen "NO DISPLAY" system settings

Post by gbace »

Is there a workaround for the display to go to sleep? I would like for the display to turn itself off when not in use for a while.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

gbace,

If you're referring the the display/monitor turning off after a period of disuse, but while the PC itself is still on, you can set it to do so in the "Power & Sleep" settings. You can find it at Settings>>System>>Power & Sleep. Under the Screen setting, you can choose when you want the screen to go to sleep. When the display is asleep, you can wake it back up by moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (18.3 KiB) Viewed 4867 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
gbace

Post by gbace »

Yes, that is the setting that I had mine set to. However, the screen does not come back on when I move the mouse or press the keyboard. I can successfully access the computer via Remote Desktop on another computer, but I cannot get the ACEPC to wake up the monitor physically attached to the computer after it has put the screen to sleep (the setting you posted the picture of).
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

gbace,

Hopefully the admin will have some idea of what may be going on.

It may help to state which model ACEPC you have, and also the method you're using to connect your monitor, if it's other than via HDMI.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
gbace

Post by gbace »

I have the AK2 and it is connected via HDMI. It seems like it only recently started to do this -- it used to wake up when moving the mouse. Now every time the monitor goes to sleep, it won't wake back up with mouse or keyboard. I have to remote desktop in and restart the computer.

I thought this was the issue that the original poster was referencing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This setting prevents the computer from entering sleep mode. If you manually enter sleep mode, you need to wake up the monitor actively. Using the keyboard or mouse has no effect.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
bodycoach2

Post by bodycoach2 »

Yes, after a recent graphics update, I have this problem too. The computer is awake, but using the mouse or keyboard to wake the monitor doesn't work anymore. I was able to use the power button to manual put the computer to sleep, then pressing it again wakens both the computer and the monitor. That was the only way to get the monitor to come back on.

I've had to set the monitor to 'always on' for now.
In device manager, there doesn't seem to be a way roll back the driver.
gbace wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:20 am I have the AK2 and it is connected via HDMI. It seems like it only recently started to do this -- it used to wake up when moving the mouse. Now every time the monitor goes to sleep, it won't wake back up with mouse or keyboard. I have to remote desktop in and restart the computer.

I thought this was the issue that the original poster was referencing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is normal, we can look forward to Microsoft's system update together, which may solve this problem.

Return to “Troubleshooting”