AK3 fan start temperature

Quick Fix.
Menion

AK3 fan start temperature

Post by Menion »

Hi

What is the AK3 fan start temperature? I have reached 80° with no fan start. Is it normal?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK3 fan start temperature

Post by Gabe »

Menion,

Though I can't answer your question concerning the actual "fan on" temp threshold, I can tell you that my AK3 sometimes spikes into the 80s without the fan coming on, while at other times the fan comes on while it's in the upper 70s. I don't know if this means that the sensor that is used for the fan is different than that which reports the temp in apps/programs (I use Core Temp), or if maybe it's more than just the CPU temp itself that is used to determine whether the fan should come on.

I will say that I had to turn nearly everything off in my house that makes noise to even hear if the fan was on. It's not silent, per se, but it's really, really quiet. I did the same with my GK1, and also used a piece of tissue to see if there was air flow.

With this said, my AK3 does seem to get hotter than my GK1. I think it's because of the case design and the way the system board itself is flipped with the GK1 in comparison to the AK3. In the AK3 the system board is chip side down, and I think the hot air builds up quicker with it being somewhat "trapped" under the board, whereas with the GK1 the system board is chip side up, and the heat that the chips generate can naturally vent out of the top/side vents of the case, rather than being "trapped". Don't get me wrong, though, as I still think the AK3 is a great unit.

Hopefully the admin will be able to answer your questions.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are you sure that the fan does not start? Maybe it is because the fan's sound is too small and your judgment is wrong. Normally, the fan will start at about 60 degrees.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

admin wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:07 am Are you sure that the fan does not start? Maybe it is because the fan's sound is too small and your judgment is wrong. Normally, the fan will start at about 60 degrees.
Mine definitely doesn't start in the 60s. Both my AK3 and GK1 get into the mid to upper 70s before the fan ever kicks on.

Maybe I need to install that EC thing.

Is this the correct file for both my AK3 and GK1? I'm going to try it on the AK3 first, since my GK1 is my favorite.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Do I copy the seven things shown in the red box in the picture below to my flash drive, then boot to that flash drive to complete the installation?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (24.9 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is a tutorial to flash the BIOS.
This file is only suitable for AK1 series and cannot be used on GK1.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

admin wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:59 am
This file is only suitable for AK1 series and cannot be used on GK1.
Are you sure? In the following reply you stated that the EC file was for the GK1 as well.

viewtopic.php?p=982#p982

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (46.42 KiB) Viewed 4628 times

I'm only looking for the EC for both my AK3 and my GK1. Not the BIOS.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, they are not compatible, because the CPU models are different. We will put forward demands to the factory, please wait patiently.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Admin,

Okay. Thank you. I'll wait. 🙂

Both my GK1 and my AK3 work perfectly. I just want to bring the temps down a bit by having the fans come on at a lower temp. This way the units last longer.

Return to “Troubleshooting”