Urgent help! AX15 (N97 version) Audio device disappeared

Highly Cost-Effective Laptops
varignet

Urgent help! AX15 (N97 version) Audio device disappeared

Post by varignet »

Hi,

I bought the updated AX15 (N97). I used driver booster free to update the 8821Ce drivers due to disconnections.
I updated a few more drivers and think I broke something.

Upon rebooting, the audio device has disappeared. The audio icon has a cross and there is no device available.
The only audio devices that show up are the microphone (2.0) and camera (2.0).

Can you kindly point me to the audio drivers link in order to restore the audio device on my laptop?
Many thanks!
Screenshot 2024-10-04 174745.png
Screenshot 2024-10-04 174745.png (2.63 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Urgent help! AX15 (N97 version) Audio device disappeared

Post by Gabe »

I would see if the drivers available here contains the audio driver you need to reinstall.

I wouldn't use the method shown in the installation instructions though, as that's for all drivers. I would just update the particular audio driver, though still using the unzipped folder for the search area.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
varignet

Post by varignet »

Are you sure the ax16pro audio drivers 13_SenaryAudio work with the new ax15 (n97)?
Anyway, I wouldn't know how to install drivers for the audio device as it simply is not there in device manager.

The first thing I did was backing up a system image. So I can always restore that.

About the 8821CE, could you kindly point me to the most updated drivers for it?
barry777

Post by barry777 »

【Click the link to download the AX15 driver】

Click to download WiFi (8821CE) driver

Note: Google Drive limits the number of downloads for non-Google accounts. If you receive a "download limit exceeded" message, please log in to your Google account and try again.

You can refer to the following videos for driver installation:
1. How to Quickly Add Drivers (suitable for installing or repairing multiple drivers)

2. Updating Drivers (using WiFi as an example, suitable for installing, updating, or repairing a single driver)

If reinstalling the driver does not resolve the issue, it may be due to an update-related anomaly, and we recommend considering a system reinstall.
varignet

Post by varignet »

thank you!
Removing an additional usb sound device that made into the list solved it.
Also the updated driver and tinkering with the settings improved the wifi reception.

Unrelated:
If I wanted to order a keyboard replacement for the AX15, what is the name of the exact part/manufacture/model?
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Currently, our keyboard is self-developed, and the keycaps cannot be replaced individually. If you are a user from Europe or other countries (excluding the U.S.), the keyboard layout can only be adjusted by replacing the keyboard membrane. If you desire a better typing experience, we recommend connecting an external keyboard.

Return to “Intel® Processor N95 Laptop (AX15 & AX16)”