AK3V - J4125 - M.2 NVMe

You can post ACEPC forum feedback and forum-related problems.
Good suggestion will be always welcomed and rewarded.
wolfgang

AK3V - J4125 - M.2 NVMe

Post by wolfgang »

Hello,

starting this device works normally. ACEPI-Support told me this device supports M.2 NVMe. It has such a slot (M.2 type M)
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XVR ... prod_image
It is an M.2 2242 NVMe PCIe Gen3 x 4 with 512GB from Sabrent.
When I insert this into its slot an give it power, nothing happens except the blue light. No video-signal an nothing. So I expect, when I insert a USB memory stick with windows image to install it on that NVMe memory, also nothing happens. What can I do using this NVMe memory as first "Harddrive" to install the OS on it?

As I understood there is an existing windows image from ACEPC with included drivers for the specific devices. Where can I download it for the AK3V J4125 8GB Ram and 120 GB eMMC?

And where can I find the set of drivers when I use a universal Windows installation image?

Thanks a lot for helping!
Wolfgang
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK3V - J4125 - M.2 NVMe

Post by Gabe »

wolfgang,

Good question. I bought the exact same unit a couple of months ago. It'll be good to know if I ever decide to put an NVME drive in it. I'm running it from an add on Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SATA SSD right now.

I did a bit of searching throughout the forum and I can't find the OS or drivers for this model, though they no doubt have them. Hopefully an admin will reply soon with the pertinent info.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Win10_1909_Pro:
Hello, it contains the AK3 system and driver. You only need to follow the normal system installation steps. This is the system installation tutorial we made:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
wolfgang

Post by wolfgang »

Hello admin,

I have tried. Exactly like the way in the video. But as expected: With inserted PCIe 16x4 NVMe Memory the PC doesn't run into BIOS respectively BootMenue.
No video signal.
I have tried the USB-Memory with USB2.0 Port and with USB3.0 Port.
Are you sure this PC works with this PCIe 16x4 NVMe Memory?

Thank you
Wolfgang
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, there was an error during communication. AK3 is not compatible, but GK1 can use M.2 NVME SSD.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Forum Feedback”