ACEMAGIC AM18 : Can't setup..

Quick Fix.
chrishk

ACEMAGIC AM18 : Can't setup..

Post by chrishk »

Hello 👋,

I'm Chris, from France. I am the happy owner of a brand new ACEMAGIC AM18 32go RAM / 1 To SSD. But... I can't install it, the setup is failing. I am on it since this morning, and 6 hours after, still failing, don't know what to do..

The problem : first start, I got the APTIO screen. And was never able to get anything else than this screen. I got in touch with Support using WhatsApp, they send me a Google doc. I have Follow the procedure, and I can't get the PE system checks working. Indeed, I have used 2 USB drives, but the mini pc doesn't boot on the USB drives. 'Et say, it seems to boot but then the screen freezes, I see dots of the loading spinners (they don' t move).

So, I'm desperately looking for a way to install this mini pc, but I really don't know what to do now..

Do you think i should or could try to create an USB drive for Windows 11 from Microsoft site? I am afraid the problem would be the same if the USB drive still does not boot..

Of course, I've set the USB drive as the first boot option. But no way.
So sad...

Any tips, knowledge or help would be welcome.
I wish you a great day

Chris.
chrishk

Re: ACEMAGIC AM18 : Can't setup..

Post by chrishk »

OK.. Awesome.. After a nth attempt, with same USB key, now the USB boot is okay. The Win install start and... fails with this error (see enclosed picture, code error 0x8007000D).

:|
chrishk

Post by chrishk »

Third message... Sorry, but this setup is a real mess.

So, I found on this forum a new PE / image for Win11, so I downloaded it, put it in a usb drive. Drive recognized at boot time, and the setup started.. But still an error, it seems the hard disk is not found. Wtf? What are these mini pc?...

The pictures shows the job started, and the error..
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I'd contact barry, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
chrishk

Post by chrishk »

Many thanks!

Email sent.. Wait n' see...
chrishk

Post by chrishk »

The SSD is there, and seems to be correctly installed. See pictures..

Could the SSD of this new mini pc be dead?...
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

chrishk wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:38 pm The SSD is there, and seems to be correctly installed. See pictures..

Could the SSD of this new mini pc be dead?...
It's unlikely, as they have to load the system onto it at the factory, and it has to work for that, but anything's possible.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
chrishk

Post by chrishk »

Hello,

Just to let you know, I've bought an external mass storage to test the SSD in another laptop, and... the SSD is not detected. So my issue is a faulty SSD 😕

I have to check if there are some tools that could help in trying to fix the SSD, if it is not physically out of order..

Have a nice day

Return to “Troubleshooting”