Windows11 safe mode

AMD Athlon 300U/Ryzen™ 3300U/3500U/3700U/3750H/5700U
IffigLeFur

Windows11 safe mode

Post by IffigLeFur »

I have experienced a "Blue Screen" issue on thursday 18 just before the Great CrowdStrike bug...
Does someone know how to enter Windows Safe Mode on an AM02 ? The procedure given by MicroSoft Support (power off at least three times during start up of Windows11 does not seem to work).
barry777

Re: Windows11 safe mode

Post by barry777 »

Reference video:

How to enter safe mode

IffigLeFur

Post by IffigLeFur »

Hi Barry777 !
Thanks for your answer and video but this is not the issue I'm facing

After the "blue screen" I experienced on thursday, my AM02 is "stuck" within the Windows loading process (the windows logo (4 blue squares) and a spinning circle are displayed for hours).

The procedure I run to enter into safe mode from this state is as follow:

"Press and hold the Power button on your PC for 10 seconds to turn off the computer, then turn on the computer by pressing the Power button again. When the computer is going to boot the operating system (e.g., the computer manufacturer’s logo appears when restarting), press the Power button again for about 10 seconds to turn off the device.
Duplicate the same process to turn off and on your Windows 10 PC 3 times. When the PC is turned on for the third time, the computer should enter into the Automatic Repair window"

But this process I repeated again and again doesn't allow me to enter into the safe mode. I don't know why and I'm without any idea.

Is there another way ?
Last edited by IffigLeFur on Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Based on your description, the issue may be caused by a system malfunction.

You can try reinstalling the operating system (please ensure to back up your personal data before reinstalling, as this process will erase all data).
IffigLeFur

Post by IffigLeFur »

Hi Barry !
Thanks again for your answer.
But I have to point out that as i'm not able to access the Windows system (because it simply doesn't fully load, just "looping") , I'm not able to reinstall Windows even having an image I made with Acronis when I received the mini-PC.
How would you reinstall Windows without any Operating System running ? (NiPogi didn't delivered a hard copy of Win11 Pro)

What I intend to do is to put the AM02 SSD drive on an USB adapter I ordered (not yet received) to see if I may recover my data and later reinstall Windows from the image.
But the SSD drive M2 2280 on the AM02 is a "no name" SSD. Do you know if the AM02 is provided with a SATA or a NVMe interface ? I guess it's a SATA but I'm not sure.
Thanks again !
barry777

Post by barry777 »

1. In the event of a system failure preventing access to the Windows operating system, it is advisable to create a bootable USB drive on another computer and proceed with the system installation on the MiniPC.
Reference document: Reinstalling the Windows operating system.

2. If important data is stored on the internal SSD, it is crucial to back up the data before proceeding with the system installation, as reinstalling the system will erase all data.

3. It is recommended to remove the internal SSD and check its interface protocol. Please refer to the following images to distinguish between SATA and NVMe interfaces (the key difference being the notch position).
NVME.png
NVME.png (308.46 KiB) Viewed 3369 times
SATA.png
SATA.png (485.48 KiB) Viewed 3369 times
Link to AM02 SSD replacement video:

IffigLeFur

Post by IffigLeFur »

Hi Barry,
Thank you for your answer.
Actually the SSD drive is dead...1 year and 3 months after the purchase.... It's impossible to read it on a SATA/USB adapter and to recover my data.
I understand that I have to install a new SATA SSD and reinstall Windows 11 from a USB key with Windows install files (download from MS).

But my AM02 was delivered without any Windows licence key: no sticker on the PC, no sticker on the box.
Have you any idea how to get the licence key or a generic one ? (the AM02 was bought from Spain on Amazon but the vendor is no longer active, I don't want to pay for a new licence key).
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

IffigLeFur,

The Windows Product key is embedded. After installing the system and connecting to the net, Windows should automatically activate.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
IffigLeFur

Post by IffigLeFur »

Thank you,
I'll try when i have some time to spend to reinstall windows and give feedback.
Thanks again

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 7 3750H(AM02/PRO)”