Power supply fades when connected to PC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
qloak

Power supply fades when connected to PC

Post by qloak »

Hi. I’ve had this PC for a bit now, and this is the first time I’ve had this issue. Last night, the PC shut off on its own, and didn’t turn back on. This morning, I tried to get it working to no avail. However, I’ve noticed something. When unplugged, it has a bright green light that doesn’t flicker. However, when plugged in, the light fades, to the point where you can barely see it, and it flickers. I have no other PC and don’t have the money to change power supplies or buy new PCs. How can I fix this?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Power supply fades when connected to PC

Post by Gabe »

I wonder if it could be the cord itself. There was a similar problem mentioned here.

I would contact barry777, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Alexander

Re: Power supply fades when connected to PC

Post by Alexander »

Hi,

Very curious what the reply is from barry777...
I've also got this Mini-PC and exactly the same issue.

If I connect the power supply without the AMR5 connected. The brick shows a bright GREEN light (power).
As soon as I connect the plug of the power supply into the Mini-PC the green light fades and start to blink (very faint). PC won't turn on. If I pull out the plug out of the PC the light is GREEN again.

I already tried another cord: Issue the same.
I ordered another 19V 3.42A power supply with the 55x2.5mm DC-connector: Issue the Same. Also that power supply starts blinking as soon as the AMR5 is connected ... (this power supply: https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B07GKKX52J?psc ... ct_details)

Any other ideas ?? Would love to get it running again ....

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”