Loud Fan Noise

Max. Boost Clock Up to 5.1GHz AMD Configurable TDP (cTDP) 35-54W
artbybart

Loud Fan Noise

Post by artbybart »

I purchased the AceMagic AM18 from Amazon on June 5th. I love the device and how fast it is (I even recommended it to my colleagues at work).

However, I'm having an issue with the fan noise how loud it is all the time. I don't know which fan is making that noise: is it the large white one or the small black one next to the RAM.

Please assist me in resolving this loud fan noise issue. Thank you!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Loud Fan Noise

Post by Gabe »

I would contact barry777, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com. He'll very likely ask for a video with sound, so if you can get that, I would include it in the email.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10 • AK2 Pro
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
artbybart

Post by artbybart »

Thanks Gabe.

Barry already reached out to me and I have already sent him a video and order #. I really hope to get this issue resolved.

Gabe wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:20 pm I would contact barry777, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com. He'll very likely ask for a video with sound, so if you can get that, I would include it in the email.
gprcomputer

Post by gprcomputer »

Likely the small RAM/SSD fan below(it's pretty buzzy), but usually that runs somewhat sparingly but it's based on load/temps. You can grab some neoprene flat washers or some small rubber orings. Place one under the head of each screw as well as one on the bottom(of the fan) to cushion the fan. Don't tighten the screws too tight, you want the rubber/neoprene to take up the vibrations that are normally transferred to the chassis because it's rigidly mounted. There's only two screws on the little one which could be a problem too but that's another thing, add the isolators and try again.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Thank you for sharing the information;
If you encounter this problem, you can send the video and purchase order number to email: barry@minipcunion.com. We will verify and further assist in fixing the problem.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840HS (AM18)”