M2A : Limited official support to upgrade SSD and RAM

First AAA Sci-Fi Games Mini PC
TVHD

Post by TVHD »

ACEMAGIC M2A specification (1): DDR5 RAM - Dual channel (SO-DIMM Slots x2, up to 64GB) and SSD Slots x 2, M.2 2280 NVMe (SATA)
Accepting the commercial offer at acemagic.com and purchasing a M2A every buyer was guarantied the ability to upgrade SSD and RAM

Update 2024-07-02: ACEMAGIC modified the M2A specification and no longer proposes and supports to upgrade storage and memory(3):
https://acemagic.com/products/acemagic- ... ng-mini-pc

A detailed review of the M2A at notebookcheck.net (2) shows the mainboard offering these slots
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acemagic-M ... 654.0.html

I'd like to add a 2nd SSD to my M2A, and other users to:
gordesky1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:39 am Tho when i do get inside it in the future will try a gen 4 in it also maybe put a heatsink on the both nvme even.
carey934 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:47 pm Does anyone know how to open the M2A to access/upgrade the RAM and NVMe?

Here is my live unboxing and review: https://youtube.com/live/YzYtRyf54FQ
Gabe wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:38 am I have no clue why they would design it this way. Unless there's some specific reason they couldn't design it with easier access, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. An inexpensive mini PC is one thing, but this is a whole other animal, and I'd bet it's safe to assume that the majority of buyers of this kind of system have more PC knowhow than the average user, and many would want to be able to upgrade it at some point.

Barry is aware of the request for it, but I honestly have no idea how long it will take.
@barry777: Please provide us with the official instructions of "How to Upgrade SSD and RAM"
Attachments
(3) Current M2A Specification - Storage and Memory.png
(3) Current M2A Specification - Storage and Memory.png (2.66 MiB) Viewed 5065 times
(1) M2A Specification - acemagic.com.png
(1) M2A Specification - acemagic.com.png (65.63 KiB) Viewed 5478 times
(2) M2A Mainboard - notebookcheck.com M2A_27.jpg
(2) M2A Mainboard - notebookcheck.com M2A_27.jpg (994.17 KiB) Viewed 5478 times
Here To Learn And To Share
TVHD

Post by TVHD »

Update 2024-07-02: ACEMAGIC modified the M2A specification and no longer proposes and supports to upgrade storage and memory(3):
carey934

Re: M2A : Limited official support to upgrade SSD and RAM

Post by carey934 »

TVHD wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:59 am Update 2024-07-02: ACEMAGIC modified the M2A specification and no longer proposes and supports to upgrade storage and memory(3):
Thank you for this information. I will have to make an update video so viewers understand the proper expectations if they decide to order one.

Carey
TVHD

Post by TVHD »

carey934 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:47 am I will have to make an update video so viewers understand the proper expectations if they decide to order one.
Meanwhile it seems unlikely to me that hardware upgrade information will be made publicly available in this forum.

I had kept the hope that you would publish an installation video on your YouTube channel, based on the pictures reviewed @ https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acemagic- ... 390.0.html and your years of experience.

Otherwise the title of your review might be "World's 1st AAA MiniPC you cannot upgrade or repair" :)
gordesky1

Post by gordesky1 »

In the future i might make a video of it getting down into it cause i do plan on adding more '''storage''' cause yea 1tb with nowadays games it's more so like having a 1gb storage drive than 1tb hehe 🤪 I have that issue with all my computers even 2tbs is getting rough with today games lol...

And would like to get the ram too 64gbs than add a PTM7950 thermal pads to the cpu and gpu while im in there which makes a big difference vs thermal paste ;)

But yea sense its hard to get into it i like to do everything all at once instead of going in it multiple times lol..

I do like the m2a alot and im still using it as my main over my 5700x3d 64gbram 7900xtx BIG desktop more 🤪

Been solid as a rock sense i had it and it's on 24/7 as all my computers do. And the i9 and 3070m handles the monitors samsung g9 5120x1440p and a 30inch 2560x1080p 2nd monitor that i have on it great even in games which yea as always just have too tame the settings down a bit vs the power my desktop has and everything plays smooth cause of the high resolution :)

i just wish it had a easy way getting inside to upgrade the ram and storage 🤪 A big miss in design there :/

Also when you say they modified the specification do you mean when you click on specs? Cause it still shows the specs for the ram up too 64gb and 2x nvme slots for me. Unless i'm missing something?

Another thing they forsure need to update their listing on the site and also on there amazon link is showing the pcie being 3.0 vs 4.0 cause yea its 4.0 lol.
Attachments
Screenshot_134.png
Screenshot_134.png (15.63 KiB) Viewed 4932 times
Mini family so far Acemagic ad15 intel core i5-11500B 32gb of teamgroup elite 3200mhz

And now a m2a starship i9 12900h 32gb rtx 3070m ;)Image
carey934

Post by carey934 »

TVHD wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:37 am
carey934 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:47 am I will have to make an update video so viewers understand the proper expectations if they decide to order one.
Meanwhile it seems unlikely to me that hardware upgrade information will be made publicly available in this forum.

I had kept the hope that you would publish an installation video on your YouTube channel, based on the pictures reviewed @ https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acemagic- ... 390.0.html and your years of experience.

Otherwise the title of your review might be "World's 1st AAA MiniPC you cannot upgrade or repair" :)
I'll see what I can do, though I can't imagine that video will be of much interest to most of my audience... I could be wrong.
TVHD

Post by TVHD »

carey934 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:46 am I'll see what I can do, though I can't imagine that video will be of much interest to most of my audience... I could be wrong.
I'm sure every owner of a M2A would highly appreciate to observe your experience at work.
carey934

Post by carey934 »

TVHD wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:24 pm
carey934 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:46 am I'll see what I can do, though I can't imagine that video will be of much interest to most of my audience... I could be wrong.
I'm sure every owner of a M2A would highly appreciate to observe your experience at work.
yes, I am sure both of them will appreciate it.
TVHD

Post by TVHD »

carey934 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:57 pm yes, I am sure both of them will appreciate it.
No doubt, you are a brilliant system analyst. :D
Reading this forum I'm presuming that there are at least 2 other users who have paid for the M2A.

Dear M2A-Owners,
enlisting to this thread and motivating Carey might be your only chance to see a video of "How to Upgrade Storage and Memory on M2A"
gordesky1

Post by gordesky1 »

i forsure would love to see carey make a video :D ;) I haven't took mine apart yet but i like to wait till i do the ram upgrade and nvme and yea the thermal pads on the cpu and gpu in ONE GO and be done lol... Tho 32gb been fine so far tho but yea i tend to use alot of ram at times reason why i have my desktop at 64gb lol..

More storage is MUST tho lol.. At the moment i'm sharing storage from one of my other pcs that i use for backups in raid 5 and have 1tb mounted over the local network from it and been using that sense i upgraded that pc too 2.5g ethernet and got a 2.5 gb switch and yea working well lol.

But yea another carey video of the starship will be great ;) Really enjoy every video and stream you do :)

Now im sure there is more than 3 starship buyers tho. well i hope so and there is just lurkers on this forum hehe.
Mini family so far Acemagic ad15 intel core i5-11500B 32gb of teamgroup elite 3200mhz

And now a m2a starship i9 12900h 32gb rtx 3070m ;)Image

Return to “Intel® Core™ i9-12900H/i7-12700H(M2A)”